F56 JCW What AutoX Class(es)?

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by Redbeard, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    Okay I am going to AutoX in the next month or so in the JCW. I am fully factory stock and on the OE runflats.

I have been out of the SCCA Solo2 thing for a long time. I don't know what the stock classes are anymore and I hear something about a street tire stock class. Can anyone help me out and let me know what classes I can run? Thanks.

2. MrBlah

MrBlah Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    DS if you are bone stock, you can to shocks & one swaybar and stay in this class, and 200 treadwear tire, rival S 1.5, re71R and sur4g are the fast tires right now most will be on one of these

suspension mods moves you up to STX, but next year it sounds like they are punishing mini's and moving all the turbo cars to STU the rest of the stx turbo cars go to STH. The early supercharged mini's stay in STX

engine mods like a tune put you in SMF the land of 2000 pound civics tin cans with 275 hoosiers, if they would boot those old turds out the class would be fun with lots of modern hatch's

3. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    The more things change the more they stay the same. So no more DOT R-Comps in Stock classes. That's nice. I ran my old R56 in STX so I could stay on street tires. I never modded the car. 1 sway-bar? So it's not just limited to the front sway? Decent shocks a tad stiffer rear sway and some sticky tires would really wake up the F56... Then again they are in the same class as the FRS/BRZ so the MINI will never be competitive there.

Sounds like DS is the place for me. I don't plan on going to Nationals or even being competitive at locals. It's more about having fun in the car. Sure, I want to do well but I'm not gonna be shocked or dissapointed when I don't end up top 20 in PAX.

Honestly, I grew to be bored with the 89 Civic hatch thing. I get it. They are light as hell and they handle like monsters but they basically destroy every class they get dumped in. As soon as someone mentions moving them to a class where they won't automatically dominate they ***** and the SCCA listens.

4. MrBlah

MrBlah Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    the smf class is almost dead at the nationals, it's just civics nobody else shows up and there's hardly any left

the FRS/BRZ are in DS now too, they are the new group that gets catered to

5. jetsr6

jetsr6 Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Driver
    Loganton, PA
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I’m taking over SMF lol
    Raw times

[​IMG]