CCMC - Laguna Seca Grand Am - July 8

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mini Coopers' started by quikmni, May 27, 2011.

1. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    #1 quikmni, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    I am coordinating a Mini Cooper caravan to the Grand Am races on Friday July 8 and/or Saturday July 9 at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, CA.

The races will include the Rolex and Continental Tires series with Mini Coopers racing in the Continental ST class. The race schedule is attached.
    Friday is qualifying and Saturday is the races.

If we get at least 10 cars paid for by Friday June 3 we can get preferred parking (Mini Cooper Corral) near the track.

I am thinking of going up and back in one day but I am up for whatever the CCMC group wants.

Let me know your interest/preference?
    1. Friday Only
    2. Saturday Only
    3. Either Friday or Saturday (it does not matter)
    4. Both Friday and Saturday

Friday is only qualifying but there are less people. Saturday has more people but also real races. I get bored watching two separate 2.5 hour races but there are plenty of other things to do during the long races such walk the pits, eat/drink, or walk all the way around the track.

Ticket Prices are:
    $25 Friday
    $30 Saturday
    $40 Friday & Saturday
    $10 Preferred Parking
    The tickets prices include a paddock pass.

Website Links:
    Grand Am Race Series: GRAND-AM Road Racing - Official Web Site
    Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: Welcome to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
    Laguna Seca Track Map: Track Map

Laguna Seca is a great track to see racing and you do not want to miss this adventure.

Once we decide what day and we get closer to the event, I will provide more information on meeting place/time and route.

Attached Files:

2. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I only had 2 cars interested in the Mini Cooper corral at Laguna Seca so the Corral was a no go.
    I will poll people in a couple weeks to see if any others are interested in caravaning together to the races. I will also order tickets. Advanced ticket purchase prices are much cheaper than the gate prices.

3. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    So far we have two Minis going for Friday and Saturday and one Mini going for Saturday only.
    Let me know if you plan to go to Laguna Seca either day so we can coordinate caravans.
    For Friday, I plan to leave from Pismo Beach around 0830 (final time TBD) and go to the Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley for an early lunch before heading to the track for the afternoon. Friday is qualifying and Saturday is racing.

4. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I uploaded 76 photos from the CCCM club's trip to the Grand-Am races at Laguna Seca on Friday 07/08/11 and Saturday 07/09/11.
    Here is the link to the photos at our Flickr page:
    07/08/11: Laguna Seca - Grand Am - a set on Flickr

I added descriptions for each photo. The detail view shows the descriptions. There are 4 pages of photos. If you use the slideshow, I suggest you select Show Info so you see the photo descriptions.