2nd Gen R55 Clubman Odd Electrical Issue

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by ctpMINIclubby, May 2, 2017.

1. ctpMINIclubby

ctpMINIclubby New Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a 2010 Clubman S 6-spd. Odd thing that happened is that I started it up and a "check vehicle" light came on, engine running normally, however, I now have no turn signals/indicators, fog lights, head lights, possibly tail lights and windows are not working as well. I checked all fuses and all check out good, along with the battery is brand new. Battery does not seem to be draining like I would have a grounding issue. issue is still there. Not sure what to look at next...

Any Suggestions? Thank you.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! Have you checked to see if its throwing any codes? If so what are they?

3. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    Welcome to Motoring Alliance !!

4. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a sunroof? Sometimes the sunroof drain comes off and water leaks onto the body control module in the passenger footwell and shorts it out. It is on the right side just in front of the door pillar. That could cause the issues you are having. Take the trim in the foot well off and check for water damage. You might be able to clean it up by spraying contact cleaner on the circuit board, but it is more likely that you will need to get another body control module.

This is where it is.

kick panel body control module_zpseole0gss.jpg

Here is a guy who fixed his.

https://gethypoxic.com/blogs/technical/16457981-how-to-actually-fix-a-bmw-or-mini-cooper-bcm-bc1-unit

Here is how to fix the leak.

[ame=""]Fixing Leaking Mini Sunroof drainage tube disconnected how to reconnect - YouTube[/ame]