1st Gen R53 Cooper S Front left vacuum line from air filter box

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by pureevil, Mar 27, 2017.

1. pureevil

pureevil New Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The vacuum line that comes from the front left of the air filter enclosure on an R53 JCW, where does it go to. I can't for the life of me find out where it goes too.

2. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I do believe it Tees into the bypass valve line. So you'll need to remove the intake hose from the intake to the throttle body. Then just below the throttle body towards on the air box side of the TB should be the BPV. Check there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    While you're at it, remove your intercooler boots and check your other vacuum lines. There's one coming off the intake manifold pointing towards the passenger side upper engine mount below the SC inlet horn. which routes to the fuel pressure regulator under the middle of the fuel rail. If your vacuum lines are falling off I would check this one to ensure its on properly as this can cause a lot of issues down the road. Poor mileage, lean and rich conditions. It's worth checking, your rubber hoses may be getting brittle. This line may actually be rubber on the connections then be hard plastic as it routes. It's been a while since I replaced mine with a silicone hose so I can't remember. Check it though if you can spare the time! I bought an oversized wall silicone hose which had the same internal diameter but brought the external diameter to half an inch so I could use a nice clamp to hold it on snug instead of zip ties like most do.

4. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    Welcome to Motoring Alliance the best MINI forum on the interweb !!

5. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA!

6. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Yes it does tee at the BPV. If you take the air box to throttle body hose off you should be able to see it. I disconnected mine and removed the solenoid valve at the air box (I blanked off the hole where it was mounted).

I did a pressure test recently and found the clamps at the BPV leaked pretty good. Put some worm drive clamps on.

7. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I wonder does anyone make any aftermarket clips that fit into the supercharger inlet hose that adapt from the plastic hoses to allow a 3/8 barbed fitting so you can run rubber hoses? I'd love to get rid of those damn plastic hoses. They are so brittle. At 290k miles mine have been through far too many heat cycles.

8. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Tummi gummi has it covered.

I'm going to check my other lines also.

Check JEGS for the clips. They won't specify MINI but if you know the diameters of the lines you can probably find what you need.

9. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Do they have push lock style adapters?