2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Wot Box/MSD and Manic Tune?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by haliphics, May 11, 2017.

1. haliphics

haliphics New Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So there is a place local to me that can flash my R56 JCW ecu to a manic tune. After the tune is flashed is it possible to use a MSD two step or Wot Box? When I contacted wotbox they werent sure if it could work since they said a non tuned ECU caused it to throw misfiring codes and put it into limp mode. Any idea if that would work or do I need a full custom tune.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

2. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    #2 Qik, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Dunno, what's local to you? I suggest using the googles. I'd avoid msd. OE is just fine.

3. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Here's a useless reply --- I don't know what a "MSD two step or Wot Box" is! However, if you get a manic tune, you should also invest in their switch box --- to allow all three custom maps plus a base map of your choice. My base map is a custom map from Alta's AccessPort, and the AP still functions for everything else, just not for map storage.

When you say "a non tuned ECU caused it to throw misfiring codes and put it into limp mode" --- I've always thought a Manic tune was considered to be a "custom tune" for the ECU. Have you asked your local Manic tuner if your MSD two step or Wot Box will work correctly after a Manic install?