2nd Gen R56 Cooper S 09 Mini Cooper S P0300 code (new owner)

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Dv8, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Dv8

Dv8 New Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive just purchased my first Mini and really enjoy it. I have cleared the P1776&1777 code for the fwd speed sensors. Next up is the P0300 code without any code for a specific cylinder... After much research I'm coming here to get my thoughts verified.

The Mini is a 2009 Mini Cooper S R56 N14 108,000 miles.Its an automatic car. bought from dealer in an "As Is" condition with several issues. but i did get it fairly cheap. car has great acceleration with a nice even idle. Its starts easy and cruises down the highway at 70 effortlessly. Ive put 2 tanks of 92 octane through the system with no change.

I dont know any of the history behind the car, but its obvious that it was at least maintained to some degree.

So far:

I've installed new wheel speed sensors

I've swapped coils just to see it it would fault to a specific cylinder.

I've ordered the thin walled 14mm Spark plug socket.

I plan on changing plugs using the NGK 95770 plugs first off.... Second if that doesn't clear the code I'm going to put together the tools to walnut shell blast the intake valves.

if there is anything else somebody has an idea about I'm all ears

2. mikekellyvab

mikekellyvab New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same year and model around the same mileage. I got that code plus cylinder misfire in 1 and 4. I did the same switched the coils but still got the same codes. Ended up being the high pressure fuel pump, which is covered under mini extended warrenty to 120,000 miles. I had too take it to the dealership twice and argue with them to finally replace it, but they did and all is good so far. I also got it walnut blasted when I got the timing chain replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Welcome to M/A!:Thumbsup:

4. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,974 / 6 / -5
    Welcome to Motoring Alliance the best MINI forum on the interweb !!

5. Dv8

Dv8 New Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Question?? If it was the HPFP would it still perform well?? I test drove several Mini's , and this one ran better than the others..

6. mikekellyvab

mikekellyvab New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It would eventually have hard start issues and stall out after long drives. That's what mine did anyways. I can definitely notice a boost in power since it being replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk