2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Alta (Cobb) Accessport Maps?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by haliphics, Aug 2, 2017.

1. haliphics

haliphics New Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive been hunting around and know how disliked the accessport is. But I enjoyed it on my mazdaspeed and can get the alta one for a steal of a price. But I can't seem to find any info on where to find maps for it only just general talk on the item. Where can I find maps for it if there are any lingering around?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Try the NAM. Nobody really likes ALTA or M7 crap here.

3. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    I have an Access Port for my MINI and I really like it. They stopped making it for MINI because when the N18 engine came out, the ECU was changed so that it couldn't be reprogrammed easily, and Cobb, the manufacturer, didn't see enough sales to encourage a redesign.

Have you written to Cobb and asked for any tunes?

4. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correctly, when the AP is installed properly, it will automatically download the maps for your specific ECU. Now, whether or not that site is still functional, I couldn't tell you --- it may have been shut down after support stopped. As Dave says, try asking Cobb if the install process still works. Also, ensure the previous owner completely un-installed it, or it won't be usable.

5. Spade

Spade Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The AP will come with 4 levels of maps for stock, FMIC, 3" exhaust or FMIC & 3" exhaust.

I have maps for a slightly larger turbo. PM me if you wanted those as well.

6. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Also note that an AP map number / name has a prefix that needs to match the prefix of your OEM ECU map. No match --- no install! This prefix can be edited, but try to find someone with the hardware to edit it for you --- hardware licenses are almost all expired. If you can find somebody, let us know 'cause they can probably do AP tunes too.