2nd Gen R60 Countryman P2C57 CEL??

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by wzabrouski, Nov 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. wzabrouski

wzabrouski Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Executive Director
    Keller, TX
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I have been hunting this code down for over a month now and have not been able to figure it out. I read on a BMW site, it was due to a leak with the air charge pipe. I have an aftermarket silicone air charge pipe and don't think that is causing a leak. This past weekend I checked all of the intercooler clamps and everything was tight. I am currently running the HFS-4 with a tune on my N18 in addition to an aftermarket intercooler, downpipe and a bunch of other mods. Has anyone had any experience with this code. I have searched and found zero results. I have attached a photo of the specs from the program I am using to read the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - The interesting part is when the CEL is triggered I am always cruising on the highway and when I go to accelerate to pass someone, that's when the light is always triggered. No other time.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,874 / 10 / -3
    If you still have the stock air charge pipe I would put it back on and see if this fixes the problem. I would be very suspicious of the silicone pipe.

It make sense to me that it triggers under acceleration, this is when it is on boost.

3. wzabrouski

wzabrouski Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Executive Director
    Keller, TX
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue before the air charge pipe was replaced. I really don't think it has anything to do with me changing that out.

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,874 / 10 / -3
    Ok then I would not change it ether.