2nd Gen R60 Countryman Mishimoto OCC custom install - Countryman S All4

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by AWD_Rally, Jun 25, 2015.

1. AWD_Rally

AWD_Rally Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Male
    OC, CA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    #1 AWD_Rally, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Mishimoto Catch can is finally installed. I had to source a few parts, but it all worked out well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Parts:
    3-4ft of 5/8 or 3/4 inch hose
    (2) 3/4" "T" fittings
    (2) 3/4" coupler fitting
    (1) 3/4" "L" fitting
    (2) Ford PCV tube (picked up at auto zone)
    (1) PCV rubber elbow (picked up at auto zone)
    (1) One-Way Check Valve
    (4) self-tapping screws and washers
    (2) 1" hose clamps
    Zip ties
    And a lot of patience... it's a tight spot to work in.

Mount can however you want. Mishimoto has a video that describes it well. Fit the PCV rubber elbow onto the exit port on the catch can. Secure with provided clamp and place 3/4" coupler fitting into exit side of PCV elbow.

Once the can is is in place...
    From the PCV on the head, connect (1) Ford PCV tube and 1" clamp. Insert 3/4" "L" fitting into PCV tube, secure with zip tie. Measure hose from catch can to PCV on head, cut. Connect hose and secure with zip tie. Connect a 3/4" "T" fitting closest to the enter point of the can.

Take the small hose from the crank case, cut it where it can meet the enter point of the 3/4" fitting. Cut a small piece of hose to fit over the crankcase hose, secure with JB weld between hose walls and clamp the outside lightly. Allow to dry (about 4-5 hours to be safe before driving).

Connect (1) Ford PCV tube onto intake mounting point. Secure with 1" clamp. Trim PCV tube to point towards your catch can, insert 3/4" coupler fitting and secure with zip tie.

Cut hose to fit from exit port on can to the intake tube, trim enough to fit the second 3/4" fitting inline. Use the One-way check on the extra 3/4" port on the "T" fitting. Cut a small piece of hose to fit over the crankcase hose, secure with JB weld between hose walls and clamp the outside lightly. Allow to dry (about 4-5 hours to be safe before driving, depending on temp).

Double check all hoses are secure with zip ties or hose clamps. Once the JB weld dries, turn the car on and test for leaks.

Drive around, enjoy your clean intake air and recovered power.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Looks nice and tidy. Care to please share what other parts you required so others may know.

3. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    I am just happy to have someone (besides Kyle) post about modding their R60.

Mine is still too new to go down that road, but eventually it will happen... I like it too much not to.

I know "But you are already painting parts of it." Yeah... Thats kinda what I do! Its not like paint ever blew anything up! (Disclaimer: I retract that last statement... You can effectively blow stuff up with paint, but not if you are using it for its intended purpose.)

4. AWD_Rally

AWD_Rally Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Male
    OC, CA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I sure can!

3ft of 5/8 or 3/4 inch hose is required
    (2) 3/4" "T" fittings
    (2) 3/4" coupler fitting
    (1) 3/4" "L" fitting
    (2) Ford PVC tube (picked up at auto zone)

TBC...

I'll have to update the list later, I forgot some of the other parts required.

Haha!

I didn't realize how few R60 "modders" there were until.. I started modding this car. We'll have to revolutionize the world!