2nd Gen R60 Countryman Looking for a solid contact

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by frankthetank77, Nov 30, 2015.

1. frankthetank77

Aug 26, 2014
    Marketing, graphic design, photography and video p
    Central California
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

So if you've read any part of my RANT post you'll quickly see, or remember, my issues with my Countryman.

Quick overview of what's been replaced:
    Turbo
    VANOS Solenoid
    power pump pulley
    Engine (and whatever goes along with this)

All said and done and I finally have my car back, after a total of 5 weeks, and it's just not the same. The last ordeal was shortly after I picked it up after having the engine replaced only to drive it 75 miles for it to have to go back to them for further repairs...what this time? I have no damn clue! I kept getting the "the tech thinks he's got it figured out and it should be just a couple of days" or the "he's not here and I have no clue what's going on with it". Yesterday I make a run to the store and I get the "tighten gas cap" (or something like that) message and a CEL...I've yet to get gas since I've received it and it was as tight as it can get! Haven't gotten the message again, but the CEL is still on.

So to spare you the continued rant of how much BS i've been dealing with, I'd like to know if any of you can help me track down a west coast rep that can help me out with putting the finish on this whole ordeal. At this point If I can get some attention of BMW/MINI USA i'd feel a little better and hope someone can help figure this out. :fingerscrossed:

Anything would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

2. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    1 866 ASK MINI

3. Motoring Magic

Motoring Magic New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Dec 13, 2009
    Motoring Magic Owner, Ventura County's ONLY MINI s
    Thousand Oaks, Vta cty, socal
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    try Claude AT 909-975-7303

4. frankthetank77

Aug 26, 2014
    Marketing, graphic design, photography and video p
    Central California
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    #4 frankthetank77, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    awesome! I will give him a call and see what happens...is Claude a BMW/MINI rep? I'm assuming he's of the sort...thank you kind sir!

Edit: figured out his connection to MINI...thanks again!