2nd Gen R60 Countryman Hoses and performance

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by frankthetank77, Mar 30, 2016.

1. frankthetank77

Aug 26, 2014
    Marketing, graphic design, photography and video p
    Central California
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

Can we discuss hoses? I'm looking at several things: Coolant hoses and Intercooler charge pipe. With a new engine and new turbo I'd like to get it set up to be as efficient as possible as early in the life of both as possible.

Coolant Hoses

MISHIMOTO

Charge Pipe:

M7

NEUSPEED

Thoughts?

2. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Coolant hoses are for high temp race reliability or looks. On a new car that your not racing save the money. Unless you want the "look".

Charge pipe can provide an advantage if they remove obstacles to flow. I thread here recently said they are not needed because the turbos are too small. I'll disagree. Bends, corrugation, and crimps in the pipes slow the air flow and increase the heat. An engine is an air pump, boosted or not, the faster and smoother the air flow in and out are the better it works.

Now can you actually feel the difference maybe maybe not. It be something only seen on a dyno or on the track. But if you combining intercooler changes, head changes and tuning then they will add a bit to those changes. Then you also have the look factor. If you want the look go for it.

I have no experience with M7 but people don't speak highly of the old M7. Neuspeed I have used and they have great products. The most important thing with these make sure you get them on right and tight or you'll be chasing leaks forever.

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    You don't need silicone hoses as rubber ones work best.

4. frankthetank77

Aug 26, 2014
    Marketing, graphic design, photography and video p
    Central California
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Kind of look but with an intent, later, to increase the size of the intercooler. Also looking at doing a cat back on the exhaust and increasing the piping to a 2.5in. There's a local muffler shop that has been making their own mufflers, and successfully I might add, for quite some time, and I trust them. Plus it'll be different than all the other things that our currently available on the market.

Now as far as the silicone coolant hoses...that's all for looks! A little color under the hood is good!

Thanks for you input! :Thumbsup:

5. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Can't argue with that a little under hood color is nice. I tend to paint things. Not hoses.

I've had "custom" exhausts done before either because it was cheaper or there wasn't one for that car. They have increased performance but the sound/noise was never right or good. There is something to be said for company that has the resources to experiment with different size pipes and different mufflers to get the right performance and sound.

If you want something different look for a system that is sold in the UK and not here.