2nd Gen R60 Countryman Cooper SE Countryman ALL4 PHEV - Review

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by MeagerHair, Jul 22, 2017.

1. MeagerHair

MeagerHair Member

May 13, 2017
    Fox Valley of Wisconsin.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 MeagerHair, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
    I will add to the expereicne as I get more experience with the car.

Ethel - Week 1:
    Mileage: 257 - One 89 mile trip and 6 trips to town at 28 miles each

Fuel Use: Has not been filled since picking up at the dealer. Charged 8 times the tank is still at 1/2 full and the computer is reading 47.5 MPG. I can make it into work and 1/4 to 1/2 way home on a charge so the MPG has been going up about 2.5 MPG per day since the original road trip. Everyones actual mileage will depend allot on their drive. Once they get the charging station in at work I will use zero gas most days.

Driving: The reviews were great the car is greater. It is stiffer than my 13 R60 JCW and it is extremely well balanced. The weight of the batteries and electric motor directly on the rear axle have a huge impact. She hasn't been on a Mini drive yet but I do have a good rural roundabout that I have been pushing harder each day. so far I am 10MPH over the best I have done with the R60 without breaking loose. And the instant torque of the electric drive gives it that zip factor of a much smaller Mini.

Ride: There is no comparison to my my R60. The car is stiffer but even with run flats the ride is smoother. (again balance weight may play a big part). I live in farm country and they do skim patching of the road and in the R60 you feel and hear every change. In Ethel you don't really notice he change.

Down Sides: Not many so far. You do loose the space under the deck in the rear. You have a small space that the picnic bench fills. So the iconic Picnic Bench is on a shelf for the life of the car so the 1st aid kit and emergency supplies have a home. They may have refined the interior a tad bit too much lit has lost some miniisnish.

And for Dave O - It is not a GEN1:eek:. https://youtu.be/o0JqC2UDpoE

[​IMG]

2. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    Nice info for someone who is considering this vehicle.

3. JackMac

JackMac Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    PA
    Ratings:
    +256 / 0 / -0
    Drove one a few weeks ago and was thoroughly impressed. No it's not an R53 and you can't make that comparison. Apples and oranges. The F60 PHEV stands on its own, and makes no excuses.

The tech and power delivery were pretty cool. While I have no plans to get one, it was pretty obvious from my test drive that this would be a fun daily driver for commuting.

Looking forward to your updates.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
  5. MeagerHair

MeagerHair Member

May 13, 2017
    Fox Valley of Wisconsin.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dave.O.

I like that Dragon = Paradise + I wanna go back.

6. MeagerHair

MeagerHair Member

May 13, 2017
    Fox Valley of Wisconsin.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just filled her up for the first time. She was down to 39 miles in fuel range according to the car. OD was at 420 miles and she took 8.16 gallons or 51.5 MPG actual. It has been going up about 1 MPG a day on normal usage. Trips on the highway running the engine will knock it down.

Having a fuel door release is different. It unlocks the cover and starts the tank de-pressurization cycle. It won't let you pop the door even after you hit the switch until the pressure is normalized. If you walk from the drivers side that is about how long it takes. If you live in NJ or OR and have an attendant standing there they will Have a few seconds of wai time.

7. LeGuin

LeGuin New Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What charger are you using? :)

I'm picking up my Racing Green PHEV All4 in about 2 weeks. :) Are you using the charger that comes with it and a regular wall socket at home, or ... what? I'm debating about getting an additional charging station, although I probably don't need it yet.