2nd Gen Coupe Bluetooth Mic in the Coupe?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Johngo, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    So earlier this week, I finally got around to moving the Bluetooth microphone from the right side of the overhead panel to the left in my '08 R56 S, and it works much better.

It took all of 10 minutes and viola! Better sound to those who have to listen to you while driving.

So, I jump out all excited to do my wife's 2012 Coupe and -- [insert record needle slide noise here] -- it is completely different. Never noticed. But hers doesn't sound very good either, so I figured it was the same issue where the factory in England just couldn't be bothered with putting the mic in the correct place for us bothersome Americans. Grudge holders. :lol:

So after a number of searches, I still have no clue where the mic is located.

Anyone here know where it is located and if it is movable?

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    It's located n the right top of the steering column. If you are sitting in the drivers seat it is at 1:00 o'clock. It's a round cover about the size of a silver dollar.

3. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    So moving it will not really do anything, like the R56. Cool, Thanks! :Thumbsup: