Exterior 2nd Gen Oil change = window not working

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by TinyEdge, Mar 20, 2013.

1. TinyEdge

TinyEdge New Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if i picked the wrong forum...I'm new here and hoping for some help.

Took my 2009 Hardtop into the Dealer today for an oil change today. They charged the battery as well. When I got in I noticed that the window on the driver side was rolled down a bit. I rolled it up and motored home. When I got back in my car later today I noticed that it was rolled down a bit. Rolled it up and motored. Getting in the car to come home same thing. Finally a figure out that the window was not "sealing" when I closed the door.

Did a test and the one touch roll down works but the one touch roll up does not. Passenger side window is fine.

Any thoughts on the why this would happen?

Even better, any tips to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Which MINI do you have? R50, 52,53,55,56..............................:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. TinyEdge

TinyEdge New Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    r56....
    However, I did some searching (should have done before I posted but as a newbie MINI owner I was just in panic mode) I found how to reset both issues!!!! Thanks for the help.

BTW if anyone else needs to know.....to fix the "sealing" when the door closes you roll the window up and hold for 10 seconds. To fix the one touch roll up you roll the window all the way down and hold for 10 seconds then roll all the way up and hold for 10 seconds and Voila!!!!!

4. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: I'm glad that you found it but never worry about asking questions around here. It does seem better when you find it yourself though, doesn't it? The R56 computer programer for the windows was on dope the day that he programed the windows on 07-09 R56's. They all have these window peculuarities. :Thumbsup:

Jason

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It's great you found the answer and shared it with us all. Thanks. I had no idea there was this self healing function for the windows.

Moved this thread to 2nd Gen Exterior since it is about the windows.

6. Eric@Helix

Eric@Helix New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 4, 2009
    Shepherd
    Philadelphia
    Ratings:
    +1,257 / 0 / -0
    Whelp...You learn something new every day. Thx!