1. DarkSi08

DarkSi08 New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    #1 DarkSi08, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    All,

This has been officially resolved by the seller! JM Auto Racing worked hard to get this resolved quickly, once I made them aware of the issue. I received the drop shipment from SpecD today, as promised, (actually, 1 day earlier than promised,) and everything has checked out great. While everything seemed shady, the seller did precisely what they said they would, so I harbor no ill feelings towards them.

The headlights look great, and I can't wait to get them installed, and get some pictures for everyone!

Mods, could you please change the title of this thread to 'jmautoracing.com - Issue Resolved'?

Thanks, everyone!

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Moved thread to a product/vendor review forum.

If I may, have you called them? They do have a phone number on their home page in the upper right corner.

3. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Just for future reference stay away from any site that "does it all". Stick with specialty vendors.
    Just my 2cents

4. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up...

Remember if your paypal payment was through a credit card, you can and should dispute it with them too... Seems to get the ball rolling much quicker..speaking from experience.;)

5. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    First thing I thought of was.....ya get what you pay for. Sorry, but if you are so concerned about money that you end up going with a product that is cheap AND no one else carries, then buyer beware.

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Problem is he apparently didn't get what he paid for irrespective of cost or quality...

7. DarkSi08

DarkSi08 New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yup. It's like trying to get any typically busy vendor on the phone. Voicemail only.

Yeah, that would be nice, but very few vendors carry them. This vendor had GREAT reviews on a Tiburon forum I happened upon, so I figured I'd give them a chance. I shouldn't have.

No, I didn't get what I paid for at all. I didn't pay for nothing, I paid for something. Money isn't an issue in the slightest - I don't mind paying for quality. All my fiance wanted was a black headlamp housing, though, so I figured I'd get a set of cheap projos to see what the quality was like, rather than doing a joey mod, since they look better. I don't much want to spend a grand on a projo/full HID conversion just so that the headlights can be black and look good.

Definitely my fault, though. I'll remember this the next time there's a less expensive option to something I want to do. Cheap laptop for my 12 year old kid? No, I'd better buy her a brand new Alienware or something, because ScottinBend said I get what I pay for, and apparently spending less money on something means that the vendor can get away with not sending me anything at all!

Sorry, but I HATE people who blame the consumer when they get screwed over, especially when there were no obvious warning signs.

8. DarkSi08

DarkSi08 New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the advice. I've already complained and disputed through my credit card company, Paypal, the BBB, and some government-run NY consumer protection group.

9. Redhat

Redhat New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Darksi08 for taking the time to let everyone know. If more people would speak up about shady dealers we'd all be better off.. Ignore the elitist attitude, there are those of us that appreciate useful information.

10. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Good luck....hope it works out.

Hopefully you will learn a thing or two from this experience.

11. DarkSi08

DarkSi08 New Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Update time!

The BBB complaint I filed got an instant response from JM Auto Racing. I got an email and a phone call from them yesterday. Here's how this went down:

First, he was incredibly surprised that I filed a BBB complaint, as he starts off by saying this was my fault.

Why was this my fault? He shows me that my email address and shipping address were both wrong in their system... The distributor has been trying to contact me, etc, etc. Now, I know that it's HIGHLY unlikely that this is the case, so I login to their site. Both my email address and shipping address are correct. I let this dude have it for attempting to tell me I was in the wrong, and playing stupid when I said I've sent them emails, etc. Of course, on that one, I get the age-old excuse - Oh, the spam filter got it! Right, because spam filters filter mail from a specific source SOMETIMES, but not ALL the time. Sounds like you need a better spam filter!

He then asks me to click on the order. Magically, the email address and shipping address are both incorrect on the order - but not on the account, as I typed them correctly.

Now, before I continue, mind you, I've HAD email correspondence with them, based on THIS ORDER already, not to mention, I had just verified this a week prior, and the information was correct - so he edited the information to use it as a BS excuse.

That's fine, I'll let him play his game, for now. I just want my stuff, or my money.

So, I tell him that that's incorrect, and certainly not the information I entered, so he offers to correct it. Then, he tells me that once an online order is entered, it gets manually typed into the system. Again, we all know this is BS, but whatever. He takes responsibility, corrects the info, and tells me he's going to call the distributor and have the lights shipped for delivery on Friday.

He calls me back, tells me everything is set, and that he'll update me as soon as he gets the tracking number.... but wants me to pull all of my negative feedback off of the internet. I said I'd be GLAD to, as soon as I have the lights IN MY HANDS.

He calls me again today, after finally emailing over the tracking number, etc. Asks me, yet again, to remove all of my negative feedback. I said 'listen, you have to understand, I'm a bit uncomfortable doing that, so I will not do that until I have the product in my hands. At that point, I'll be more than happy to.' He finally digressed.

If I hadn't read reports of them pulling this kind of stuff on other people as well, I'd think that my luck just made this whole thing a fiasco... but these people, assuming that they weren't attempting to scam me, seriously need to get their act together. Almost everything I've ever seen or heard from them is lies and falsified information.

Here's a new one - The owners name, according to most resources, is Joe Mauro. The truth? It's owned principally by Joe Scrofani and Thomas Mauro. They basically run the business with a false identity. On the phone yesterday, the person I'm talking to tells me that they've been in business for 19 years... According to their license, they've been in business for 3 years.

This place is about as fishy as it gets, and the more I dig, the fishier it gets. Why do people lie about information that's so easily accessible on the internet? It's beyond me.

And, while I was typing this, I just got another email: "Ok. We can’t afford to have these posts there so I am trying to get it overnighted to you. Cost to do this is $120. I hope you understand that this was truly a mistake and not an intentional doing."

Mind you, any other company would have done at LEAST this much as soon as they realized their mistake, but I digress....

I'll let you all know if I actually receive the product!

12. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Nice job. I would leave everything right where it is... B@stards deserve it at this point.

13. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    I wouldn't remove any of your email posting history. Good luck getting this successfully resolved..... Oh, and ask them if this comes with a lifetime warranty with full money back guarantee....

14. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Good for you!! Don't take one thing down until the lights are in hand and installed in good working order.. Then and only then would I ADD to your post that they have now successfully resolved the problem. You owe them nothing for finally doing what they should have done in the first place. :frown2:

2 cents

15. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully you get your lights. I would also leave the comments online but to be fair update with the final result.

16. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    You sound like a completly stand-up guy who got screwed by someone of a lesser ethical standard in life. I applaud you for your efforts in resolving an issue we all dred to encounter (or have already encountered) one day. I hope you get your goods soon, as described by the seller. Thank you for the info on these guys...

Here's to you! :beer