I got a "thank you"!! Woohoo!

Discussion in 'Feedback, Reviews & Comments' started by Onramp, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Onramp

Onramp Enjoy the Hiways of Life!
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Retired, mostly
    Renton, WA
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    I just sent a PM to eMiniparts, one of our sponsors, thanking him for saying "Thank you for your business".

I ordered some parts a couple of weeks ago, and when the parts came in (all correct and neatly packaged) there was another little package of Mini related goodies. A decal, a fob and a tire pressure gauge were in the package. This package told me that my business was appreciated by EMiniparts.

So what, you say? Well, in my neck of the woods (the great Northwest), this form of politeness has gone by the wayside. I don't care whether it is Seattle (world's goofiest city), Bend Oregon, Boise Idaho, Bozeman Montana, SLC Utah or Reno Nevada, I very rarely get a thank you for doing business with some establishment. Rather, I usually get a "Here ya go" with my change or receipt. I respond with "Thank you", and then KICK myself for saying thank you. I mean, what - thank you for letting me shop in your restaurant, coffee shop, pet store, car dealership or whatever else?

Jeez.

Y'all are probably thinking I'm some kind of crank, and you are probably right. Still, I think the loss of politeness and manners in our country is a big deal to me. Maybe it should be to you as well. "Gentlemen, please remove your covers for the Pledge of Allegiance". Really?

So when I get a little package from one of our forum sponsors saying thank you for doing business with me, this is a refreshing BIG deal.

Thank you eMiniparts for making my day. I really appreciate it.

Pat
    Curmudgeon

2. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Pat I agree politeness has escaped this great country of ours. it does still exist but is on a decline just like our country.

3. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Furthermore, knowing how to express the words "thank you" and expressing them from your heart has become lost in today's world of "it's all about me".

4. Onramp

Onramp Enjoy the Hiways of Life!
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Retired, mostly
    Renton, WA
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    You're right, Rick - there are spots left, including one across the driveway. I noticed my neighbor's wife's car had a flat so I fixed it (not that big of a deal). So my neighbor cleaned the gutters on my house (a BIG deal for me!).

Maybe I need to look harder for the remaining spots of manners.

5. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Great story Pat. I too rec'd a nice thanks from eMINI with some parts but didn't think about posting it here.

Shame on me.....

6. AliceCooper

AliceCooper Club Coordinator

Mar 13, 2010
    CT Technologist
    South Florida
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I got the above posted goodies with a recent order and a MINI t-shirt :Thumbsup: to eminiparts !

7. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Haven't gotten a shirt or key fob or anything like that, but I always get a bag of peanut M&Ms whenever I order from them. Sometimes I just orders stuff for the M&Ms; only way I can sneak them past my wife.

8. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    eMiniparts are good people. I have received extra stuff with my oil filter order.

It was a cool surprise.:Thumbsup: