MINI Dealers - Global Imports Service Dept is horrible

Discussion in 'Feedback, Reviews & Comments' started by galoki, Jun 18, 2010.

1. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you bought your Mini from Global Imports in Atlanta, or plan to...BEWARE!

The service dept is a joke. and I'm not basing my opinion just on my own experience. I have a few friends with bad experiences there as well. worse then mine too.

I scheduled my 1yr maint this week. Brought it in at 7:30am on tues. Also, asked them to do an allignment and fix a rattle in the rear.

Picked up my car at 4:30pm. Alignment done, Rattle Fixed, Annual Maint... not so much. I asked the service guy why it wasn't done, he said it was. I said, please give me paperwork showing it was done. Oh.. let me look it up, he said. Looks like it was done in November, he says. I say, i brought it in for a detail. No service was done. I have paperwork to prove it. So as compensation he promisses to have the car picked up at my office (a few miles away) and get it serviced and returned. That was 3 days ago. He's promised it would get done everyday since.

I have never had so many problems getting service done. I had other, less troublesome screwsups during previous visits.

so buyers beware!!

2. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Global is the worst... I was bummed when I bought my MINI from United, because I didn't realize until I was well into the deal that United was NOT a MINI shop. So it is either Global or MoSA... MoSA has a better rep, but I have no experience with them.

They are also sponsors of AtlantaMinis.net, of which I am a member.

If you are doing "out-of-warranty" work, Way Motor Works is your man.

3. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I often wonder just how this happens.....no dealer wants to give poor service, yet somehow they screw things up then don't seem to be able to follow thru on fixing them....

My local dealer - Baron MINI in KC - has met or exceeded all my expectations over the last 4 years and 2 car purchases - 1 used 1- new. My car has been ready when promised, with all repairs completed and the car spit polished clean. My new car order went smoothly with no issues, delivery went off on time and with no hitches in finance or anywhere...and I've had very few problems with either of my cars.

And yet I have friends who have gone in there and related horror stories, both from service and sales!

I've heard about overcharges, repairs not done correctly, quotes wrong etc, etc etc.....

I've heard from friends who went there to buy a car and were routinely ignored by the sales staff.....

And yet I consider them to be a sterling quality dealer!

Hope you get your issues resolved, but the most important thing you can do is to sit down with the service mgr in a co-opeerative frame of mind and tell him what's going on. If you get no real satisfaction or he cops an attitude, do the same with the general manager or even the owner. They can't fix problems if they don't know about them, and so many folks get unhappy and just never darken their doors again. A few minutes spent with the right person could change things for the better, for everyone that does business there!

4. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Saga has finally ended. At 1pm they picked up the car. At 3pm someone picked me up and brought me to the dealership. After getting home and checking for my garage remote...I couldn't find it. So I get out of my car and look for it. I found in the back seat...in pieces. What the F!!!! i called the service guy and asked him what the deal is with that. After getting a lame response I informed him that he will never see me again. I will never go back there for service or a car!

5. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    The last time I had mine in there, they ripped off my aftermarket valve stem caps and replaced 3 of them with cheap plastic... Not 4, but 3. They ended up replacing them, but what the h*ll? I guess they don't call them stealerships for no reason...

Sorry about your troubles. Unfortunately, for those of us on the North Side, there are not a lot of alternatives. MoSA has a better rep on our message boards, but they are on the far side of the moon from me.

6. Belhaven

Belhaven Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I had an appointment for an oil change at Global one Friday Morning. I delivered the car and made my way to my office nearby. At 4PM (well after the "it shoudl be done by" time) I called to check that the car was ready. It was not. I made my way to the dealership and checked again at 5PM and it was still not ready. I was informed it would not be ready until Monday. when I asked "What am i supposed to do for transportation?" the service rep pointed me to the embedded car rental place and said "check with them". I ended up paying for a weekend rental because Global Imports could not do an oil change given all day long.

7. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    So, why did you leave the car all weekend if they weren't going to work on it till Monday? You would have to go back on Monday to get it anyway, right?

I can understand this actually, sometimes a service dept overbooks, sometimes one of the techs calls in sick unexpectedly, sometimes a job that is supposed to take an hour or two ties up a guy all day. Things happen.....

However, there is no excuse for poor or no communication with the customer, IMHO.

8. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    If you need any further help, we'll be happy too.

9. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    argh! Would there be a reason my service interval notification was not reset? it's still showing 2200 miles remaining. I have 15,600 miles on the car. Is there a way to reset that without going to the dealership?

10. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Service Reset Procedure

11. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. Blkjac40

Blkjac40 New Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Insurance
    Atlanta, GA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree Global Imports Mini service department is horrible. If it wasnt for the sales I wouldn't have purchased my Mini there. I need to take it again because my key remote just suddenly stopped working. When I called the service department this past Saturday morning I was told there was nothing they could do until Monday at the latest. No recommendations; no offers to swing the vehicle by with remotes so they could take a look at it. Simply horrible. Matter of fact the last time my car was there for service I was supposed to get an email survey - Never got one. They suck.

13. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0