DVD Review - Jeremy Clarkson - The Italian Job

Discussion in 'Feedback, Reviews & Comments' started by Nathan, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    No, it's not another remake of the iconic movie, this DVD from Jeremy Clarkson is an orgy of Gearhead fun. Clarkson takes us from the UK to Italy and back again as he prepares for his first ever wheel to wheel race. Figuring as only Clarkson can that since race drivers are fit that by doing lap after lap in some the most incredible machinery on the market today he too can get fit. The video is sprinkled with a lot of references to Top Gear and also features The Stig as well. You have to pay attention to get all the little gems and it is worth it. As one that has seen every episode of Top Gear I found many of them quite the hoot.

Clarkson has to be one of the luckiest men alive. In this video he drives so many great cars at both the Fiorano Circuit and Imola. He also provides some of the most interesting behind the scenes views at Maranello that I've ever seen.

I'd like to write so much more about this video but I also don't want to steal the fun of watching it fresh.

Here is the trailer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dxKo80k7gs]YouTube - 'The Italian Job' Jeremy Clarkson DVD & Blu-ray Trailer 2010[/ame]

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Gotta have it :Thumbsup:

3. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can't seem to find this on Amazon...

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Amazon.UK has it.

5. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    OK.....was a bad boy and downloaded a copy.

Was a fun show, but I don't think it was up to par with some of his previous ones. Not the same, or as much of, the humor I expect. Was a blast seeing the cars blasted around the tracks and the Ariel V8 is a frikkin' MONSTER ! !