2017 MINI Countryman Plug-in Hybrid Spied for the First Time with New Interior

Discussion in 'Future MINIs' started by Nathan, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

The current MINI Countryman received a small facelift last year, aiming at keeping the car attractive until 2017 when it will be going out of production. In the meantime, BMW is testing the new model in Sweden and we caught it in plug-in guise, with what looks like the production interior.

If you were expecting the new model to come out with a completely fresh design for the cabin, you’re going to be let down. As far as we can tell from the spyshots attached below, the same look as in the Mk3 Hardtop will be used, that’s soon going to become the norm in the MINI line-up.

Even the upcoming Clubman is using it and the concept on which that car is based was more than impressive. Even so, compared to the current generation it’s going to be a noticeable improvement.

The center, huge speedometer is gone, just like on the new hatchback, and it was replaced by the new infotainment screen. On top of that, the rev counter was placed next to it, right in front of the driver.

The HVAC controls were changed as well, to be in tune with the new model while the center console, even though located under heavy camouflage, seems to be solving the issue we’ve all been complaining about: access to the iDrive knob (which looks rather peculiar as well, probably due to the lack of a touch-sensitive surface on top of it). The air vents seem to be rectangular as well, similar to those on the Clubman.

More at 2017 MINI Countryman Plug-in Hybrid Spied for the First Time with New Interior - Photo Gallery

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Oh look more BMW parts bin parts.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I don't have a problem with parts binning. The classic had much parts binning. Guess I don't like the parts bin they've been using of late.

4. Motoring Magic

Motoring Magic New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Dec 13, 2009
    Motoring Magic Owner, Ventura County's ONLY MINI s
    Thousand Oaks, Vta cty, socal
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    Square a/c vents-just like every 70es era U S built pos I grew up with. I need to order a Paceman while there is still time.....

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    The center "infotainment" has become way too big over the years. In my first gen the speedo is only 8 inches round.

Soon it will have Dr. Theopolis fro Buck Rogers in the dash.

[​IMG]

6. PaSceman

PaSceman New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    #6 PaSceman, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Square or rectangular AC vents!!!
    But wait, that could be put there to mislead us after all, I don't think BMW will go square on Mini. Everything else looks pretty particularly the controller and what it looks like an electric handbrake a-la BMW 5, 6... Series!