Wheel Rack - How Do I use the Wheel Rack

Discussion in 'Site How Do I... - vb' started by Nathan, May 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    #1 Nathan, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
    Wheel Rack and WheelFinder are tools exclusive to Motoring Alliance. Combine these two tools with your assistance and together we will build the most comprehensive, easily searchable collection of wheels on MINIs.

Note: Wheel Rack is for displaying wheels and to add them to the WheelFinder tool. A Garage will be coming soon where all members can show off their cars.

Wheel Rack

Wheel Rack is where you store the data and images about your wheels. Each M/A member has space for 10 sets of wheels and tires on their rack. If you run out of space please contact me. I have a special group for you...Wheel Whore!

You can add up to 15 images of your MINI and its wheels in each Wheel Rack. Images can be no larger that 64MB and need to be either GIF, JPG or PNG format.

OK OK...so how do I add my wheels!!

Adding your wheels (and we want to see them all... OEM, Aftermarket, Track, etc... but I digress). To access your Wheel Rack open the UserCP found in the Main Menu on the top left of all pages.

[​IMG]

In the UserCP there is a new section, My WheelFinder, containing Manage WheelFinder and Add Wheel Rack.

[​IMG]

Manage WheelFinder allows you to look at all your Wheel Racks at a glance. If it is your first visit or you have not added a Rack then it is empty. To add a new Wheel Rack click on Add Wheel Rack.

The Add Wheel Rack screen is divided into sections....

In the area pictured below add a Name for the Wheel Rack, something descriptive would be nice such as Forgeline ZX3R if you are Tüls. Click on save to lock in that name.

You also have the option of displaying the Wheel Rack to for all the world to see, or at least all of M/A's registered members, or hiding it while under construction, the choice is yours. To show the world, leave the default Yes selected. To hide that puppy..yeah you guessed it, select No.

[​IMG]

Next up is MINI Information. Just some basic stuff about your MINI, four whole questions, I promise the wheel stuff is coming soon. Most of the selections are drop downs, see I saved you all that typing. Anyplace there is a check box if you check the box it means Yes, conversely, leave it blank for No. The little question mark thingies have extra info on how to use that area, it's OK to click.

The image you add to the Add Image box here is going to be the representative image for your Wheel Rack!! Pick wisely. See Adding Images below for more detailed instructions if needed.

[​IMG]

Now to the meat....or tofu for you veggie lovers...

In the Wheel Data section fill in as much as possible. It is better to leave an item blank and come back later than it is to guess and fill the database with bad data. Besides, someone might report your Wheel Rack for being full of BS. Don't forget to add those images as well, up to 6 more can go here.

[​IMG]

Next up is Tire Data. Really, what's a wheel without a tire, a hole without a doughnut?? Nice to look at but not really useful, well there is that BBS Garden hose... Not too much here, just some basics about your tires and room for six more images.

[​IMG]

The last two sections are for those of you with spacers and/or studs. Room for another 2 images here as well.

[​IMG]

DON'T forget to SAVE!!!

Adding Images

Images can be added either from your computer (local) or off the web from a location such as Flikr.

To add an image click on Add Image; an Add Image wizard will appear.

[​IMG]

For local images click on the Browse button and navigate to where the image is stored on you computer.

For images hosted elsewhere copy the URL in the URL to Image block.

Add a caption if desired and click on Upload.

One Last Note...

This is a brand new product. There may be some bugs and you may have some ideas on how this can work better. Please let me know if you have ideas or run into an issue. [email protected]

Thanks and enjoy...

2. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nathan, I definitely want two M/A club stickers, but as I told you at registration (MOTD) I'm a computer freak not a computer geek. When my daughter gets back from church camp she will help me figure it out. I STILL WANT THE STICKERS !!! Later, Mark.