Entertainment Electronics 2nd Gen Power for Garmin NAV and Ground connection

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by mjsteelega, Jul 19, 2011.

1. mjsteelega

mjsteelega New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Installing the Mini mount for a Garmin and am adding a dedicated power outlet so I don't have to cut my Garmin power cord (have the FM antenna for traffic on mine). So I am trying to install a Fuse Tap (which is rather simple), and I can easily connect the power. Though I am a little stuck on the following:

1. Can I tap F32 (5A) which is labeled for the rear parking sensor (which I don't have)?
    2. Is there an ideal/best ground location in/around the passenger foot well fuse box?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

BTW, I picked up a Garmin nuvi 3790, and added the Garmin EcoRoute OBD2 module which send all my engine data via bluetooth to the nuvi. (Thanks Jim for the recommendation). It is an awesome setup!

2. jcauseyfd

jcauseyfd New Member

May 25, 2009
    Graham, NC
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about a 2011, but on mine I was able to ground to a bolt that is behind the glove box door. It is down near the bottom and accessible with the door open.

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I tapped a fuse and then drilled a small hole and used a self tapping screw for the ground. Do you know how to change the state on the stupid thing?

Jim

4. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    did you ever figure out how ot change the state on it?