2nd Gen JCW Need a tune or maybe another issue?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Sivi709, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sivi709

Sivi709 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Olympia Washington
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

2009 Mini JCW hardtop 39,000 miles

Engine Area Mods:
    NM Intake
    NM Charge and Discharge pipes
    Forge Intercooler
    Lower engine mount insert but forget brand
    NM strut tower brace
    M7 Ram-2 scoop

Just instaled the Turbo Exhaust Manifold from WMW and everything about the install was great. Checked and triple checked all connections and clearances before starting it up. Let it run for about 15 minutes before puting in sport mode and test driving. Turbo spools faster and more low end power for sure. From a stop and giving it the beans in 1st gear it takes off to about 4k rpm and then boost goes away. Shift to 2nd and same and so on. If you ease up to 4k rpm and then hammer it, you get boost for just a second (and feels awsome) and then cuts it out again. Have done a bunch of reading to try and solve the problem as it seems to me the ECU is getting a boost spike maybe and then cuts it to be safe. Stock it runs 15ish psi, safety cut out is 22psi. With the mods listed above, did the the manifold put me into the 22 psi range? Hard for me to belive the 7 psi increase from the little I've done. Hopeing a tune will fix the issue since that was going to be the next and final performance mod for the car anyways. Driving around normally the car runs great and even got the traction control to come on more than normal this rainy commute to work this morning. Feel free to ask me anything or share any other comments or things I can look into. Car is out of warranty (hence the mods) and myself and a mechanic by trade friend of mine checked and rechecked all connections and there are no leaks anywhere. Thanks

2. Sivi709

Sivi709 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Olympia Washington
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thread can be closed, problem solved. Intake hose to the turbo wasn't connected properly and the rubber gromet was makeing a leak.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Glad you found the fault....