Gizmo :: 2012 MINI Clubman S

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by HurricaneDave, Sep 5, 2012.

1. HurricaneDave

HurricaneDave New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Tellecommunications Engineer
    Ball Ground, GA
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Gizmo :: 2012 MINI Clubman S (2012-09-05 18:44:35)

2. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Finally! Another Northern NV Mini in one of the many forums. Now to get you involved with the Sierra Nevada Minis car club. Check out their website Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers

Any info for the garage portion of this site? Pics are nice. Any upgrades installed or planned?

3. HurricaneDave

HurricaneDave New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Ball Ground, GA
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hey Oldbrokenwind! I am actually a member already and have been on several runs including the Mini Mania, Topaz Lake and Nevada Day Parade Yesterday! No upgrades yet but plenty planned. Starting with Vinyl Stripes I am installing today, new water temp/boost/oil pressure gauges coming next. Then looking into performance upgrades!

4. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: How about, an area 51 run? :Thumbsup:

Jason

5. oldbrokenwind

oldbrokenwind Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Northern NV
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    So much for my memory! I should have remembered your car from the Topaz Lake run --- I missed the other two. Hope to see you again at Rod's Xmas party, if not sooner. Have fun installing your new gauges. Don't put the coolant sensor in the wrong hose --- the easiest one is the wrong one, it only flows during "over temp" conditions --- on the '07 R56. Suggest warming it up and feeling the various hoses to find the hot one, then install the sensor. I found out the hard way, and installed it twice --- pain in the butt! Lots to learn if you're new to the Mini world. Send me a PM if you want an extra hand.

6. HurricaneDave

HurricaneDave New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Ball Ground, GA
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot for the offer! I will definately take you up on that but it will probably be after christmas before I have any "Mod money". See you at the Xmas party!

Jason: Count me in for an Area 51 Run!!! Let's introduce those not from this planet to the MINI/ Mini world!!