Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums   Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums Motoring Alliance :: MINI Cooper Forums
Home

Menu

Notices

Sponsor

» Ad Links
» Recent Threads
Go to first new post Word Association
72,945 Replies, 1,562,675 Views
Go to first new post Dakar 2018
4 Replies, 570 Views
Go to first new post F1 - 2018
22 Replies, 3,014 Views
Go to first new post Sports Car Videos
573 Replies, 113,780 Views
Go to first new post What did you do with your MINI today?
14,834 Replies, 1,007,044 Views
Go to first new post Soooooo Whatcha Eating?
1,687 Replies, 129,674 Views
Go to first new post Refreshing Rufus - 2005 MCS JCW
215 Replies, 30,405 Views
Go to first new post Torque values
15 Replies, 2,264 Views
Advert

» Ad
Sponsors

Likes Likes:  1
Mindy
Stage 2

Mindy :: 2010 MINI Cooper
Vehicle Name Mindy
Year 2010
Make MINI
Model Cooper
Color Oxygen Blue
Packages Premium, Convenience, Cold Weather
2010 MINI Cooper
2010 MINI Cooper 2010 MINI Cooper 2010 MINI Cooper
History My MINI story.

My story begins in the year 1999 (Age 13), the French teacher at my high school drive a bright yellow classic Mini to school almost everyday. The moment I saw it, I wanted one... someday.

2001 (Age 15) - MINIs were available in the US! I started seeing them around and my obsession was in full force. I didn't even have a driver's permit yet and I was configuring new MINIs on the website several times a year. I wanted Electric Blue.

I lost interest towards the middle of high school. I was busy and I didn't even have a driver's license yet. My MINI days seemed far away.

2005 (Age 19) - I graduated high school, got a job and finally got my driver's license. My parents gave me my mom's 1993 pearl green Honda Civic to drive, but I wanted a MINI. I began configuring them on the website again - now they came in purple! Purple Haze with white stripes is what I wanted... but I was stuck in a dull barely-green Civic with college to pay for.

The next year Purple Haze was discontinued.

As time went on I had my eye set on Laser Blue with white stripes. By then the car had a name, Mindy.

2008 (Age 22) - We went to the Pittsburgh Auto Show, as we usually do - My dad is a mechanic so I've always been a car-girl. I spent about an hour sitting in a MINI playing with the controls.

2009 (Age 23) - I graduated college. But couldn't quite afford a MINI yet. But I talked about Mindy constantly, as if I was picking her up tomorrow. I got a grown-up job that fall, complete with a 35 mile each-way commute. My '93 Civic just wasn't cut out for 70 miles of high-way speeds 5 days a week so I needed a 'new' car. A MINI was still in my mind. But now Mindy had turned from Laser Blue to Oxygen Blue - I didn't need an S. I saw an Oxygen Blue in person and loved it, such a unique color. I decided I'd buy a winter car, a 2001 civic, and save up to buy my MINI in the summer.

Valentine's Day, 2010 - My boyfriend bought me a MINI model to build which fueled my MINI obsession again. Summer was getting close, I had to plan! I joined forums and read them daily - and it is a good thing too. There was a rumor that Oxygen Blue was discontinued - I was devastated. I called MINI of Pittsburgh almost in tears to see if it was true. It was true. You could no longer order Oxygen Blue - but they said they might be able to find me one.

February 25th, 2010 - I went to the dealership to see what they could find. They were able to find 1 Oxygen Blue with 90% of the options I wanted. It was still in the factory but promised to another dealer in another state for inventory - But they could call and see if they could have it shipped to Pittsburgh for me instead. (I later found out that this is Mindy's official birthdate - so she was driving off the production line while I was putting down a deposit.) My MINI would be here in a month, three months before I had planned.

March 20th, 2010 - I picked Mindy up from the dealer. My first time driving her home was also my first time driving IN Pittsburgh - I was always afraid of driving in the city.

Mindy and I like to spend our time motoring to work, hanging out with the PittStopMINI Club, and participating in BRMSCC TSD Rallies.
Exterior
2010 MINI Cooper Exterior 2010 MINI Cooper Exterior 2010 MINI Cooper Exterior
White Mirror Caps
White Roof
Sunroof
White Bonnet Stripes
Black Jack Side Scuttles
Stubby Antenna
Clear Side Marker Lenses
Tinted Side Trim Reflectors
Black Jack Sunroof Graphic
De-badge boot
MAC MINI License Plate
Apple Logo Graphic
Let's Motor License Plate Frame
Apple Sticker
MINI Car Fun Offset Grille Badge
Orsam Diadem Turn Signal Bulbs
Removed Orange Turn Signal Lens
JCW-style Honeycomb Grille

Interior
2010 MINI Cooper Interior
Rubber Floor Mats
Sport Seats - Checkered Cloth
Black Jack Glove Box Button Graphic

In-Car Entertainment
harmon/kardon Sound
120GB iPod Classic

Suspension
ALTA 19mm Adjustable Rear Swaybar
TSW Sport Springs
H-Sport Rear Camber Links

Wheels and Tires
2010 MINI Cooper Wheels and Tires 2010 MINI Cooper Wheels and Tires
17x7 White Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s
Black Jack Centercaps
Black Jack Valve Stem Caps
Comments: 2 / Views: 12278
Unread 11-15-2011, 12:23 AM #2
Stage 0 - Stock

Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 1
Stage 0 - Stock

Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 1
Love your MINI. Just got mine, 1 for me and 1 for the wife, last Friday. I'll get some photos of her up (no name yet) soon. I just wanted to give you props on Mindy. The license plate is priceless! I am an Apple nut myself. I thought I was the only nut that put an Apple sticker on my car.
MikeMiniJCW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:00 PM #3
Stage 2

Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 242
Stage 2

Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 242
Came up as a random garage. That's a great story. I like to see people get something they have wanted for a long time. MINIs deserve to be owned by people who appreciate them!
Rawhyde is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Dave.0 liked this post