2016 BMC Auto-X Schedule

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by B.A.D., Jan 3, 2016.

1. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    The schedule for the 2016 Buckeye Miata Club auto-x season was posted today, so I thought I would share it here for anybody that might be interested. Non-Miatas are broken out into two classes Leaders and Legends ( there had been some conversation around looking at which cars fall into which groups based on the updated SCCA class rules). There is also a novice class for anybody that is new to auto-x, which is where I started two seasons ago and it was very helpful because this class usually is in it's own run group which gives you access to have more experienced drivers ride with you to give you advice.

05/01/16 - Points Event #1 (Circleville Raceway Park)
    05/21/16 - Cruise Hocking + Evening BMC Event (Circleville Raceway Park) This is a tentative event that is still be finalized. I will update with details as they become available.
    06/05/16 - Buckeye Miata Club School + Evening Test & Tune (Circleville Raceway Park)
    06/19/16 - Points Event #2 (Circleville Raceway Park)
    07/31/16 - Points Event #3 (Circleville Raceway Park)
    08/07/16 - Points Event #4 (Circleville Raceway Park)
    09/04/16 - Points Event #5 (Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course). This event will be held at Mid-Ohio during the 2016 Carfest that runs Friday-Sunday. I will update with details as they become available
    09/25/16 - Points Event #6 (Circleville Raceway Park)

2. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    As far as pricing is concerned, the Point Events are $30 for BMC members and $35 for non-members. Last season we averaged 8 runs per event, with the lowest number of runs being 5 on a day with 77 participants. If you have any questions post them up and I will get you an answer. I will also post the link to the BMC auto-x website once it has been updated with the new schedule.

3. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Just a reminder that the first event is on 5/1.

4. friendraja

friendraja Member

Aug 31, 2015
    System Administrator
    Dublin, ohio
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible, to attend the novice class this weeknd? Is there any pre-registration for the novice class?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

5. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0

No pre-registration needed. I would recommend cleaning out your trunk ahead of time because there can't be anything loose in there or the rest of the car for that matter. You are also required to remove your driver's side floor mat.

You should plan on getting there by 8:30, so you can be ready for registration and tech inspection (have your hood and trunk open). If you don't have a helmet, there are loaner ones available.

After you register, you can walk the course to get familiar with it. There will be a driver's meeting around 9:30ish to go over the rules and drive group assignments. I'll probably be helping with registration if you have questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. friendraja

friendraja Member

Aug 31, 2015
    System Administrator
    Dublin, ohio
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information..i will make sure nothing is loose in the car and be there by 8:30... i maybe needing ur help in registration..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

7. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Depending on how the run groups get set up, I can try to ride along with you at some point or you can ride with me. There are usually three different run groups and a morning and afternoon session. Over a session you will drive, work (help out on course to reset cones), and rest. The sequence of how you do those things will be determined in the driver's meeting based on when your run group will drive.

8. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Almost forgot, you might want to bring a lunch and water with you. There will someone there selling burgers, hotdogs, and chips.

9. friendraja

friendraja Member

Aug 31, 2015
    System Administrator
    Dublin, ohio
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Brian.
    Will meet you up there.

10. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator