The Winery Run - Saturday, August 27th - 8:00am (Central Coast Winery Run)

Discussion in 'MidCal MINIs' started by Firebro17, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    #1 Firebro17, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    The folks at MidCal MINIs are planning a run to the Paso Robles area (and beyond for some) on Saturday August 27, 2011. This is patterned after the same run that has been done in past years over to Morro Bay. This year, we will be headed to the Rotta Winery in Templeton. Rotta Winery is located west of Hwy 101, just south of Hwy 46, at 250 Winery Road. Once there we will be greeted by the owner, Mike Guibbini.

Features of the trip include:

1. Winery Tour
    2. Free Wine Tasting (all fees waived for MCM folks)
    3. 10% Discount on all Wine Purchases
    4. Catered Box Lunch for all Participants ($10.00 per lunch)

More information will follow. Please be sure to discuss the trip amongst yourselves and be able to let Tina or me know if you will plan to attend. It is important that we get an accurate and final head count no later than our scheduled meeting on Friday August 19th.

For those who plan to continue to Morro Bay for the remainder of the weekend, accommodations will be on your own. However, I am in contact with a good friend who lives over there and am awaiting his suggestion(s) for a nice place to stay (hopefully we can all stay at the same place). He is also going to provide me with a couple of contacts for meals. I hope to be able to share this info with you at the July 16th meeting/BBQ at Jim and Janets.

Take care all, Jon. :cool:

2. MINIEOR

MINIEOR Club Coordinator

Sep 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Jon, your awesome! I will get the menu posted as soon as possible.

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    You all accepting any outsiders for this? My summer run schedule is pretty full, but I might be down for this.

4. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    #4 Firebro17, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    As we will not be able to make the Superior Dairy Run/Meeting Saturday July 16th, here's some follow-up information for those of you who plan to attend the Central Coast Wine Run and may have additional plans to stay the night in Morro Bay. After having a discussion yesterday with a friend of mine who lives part-time in Morro Bay, I have attached three hotel choices for your consideration. There are certainly other choices available, but these may offer a variety from top to bottom for you.

Days Inn: 1-805-772-2771
    (nice rates)

Blue Sail Inn: 1-888-337-0707
    (water view, not cheap, near Embarcadero)

Motel 6: 1-805-772-5641
    (cheap rates, ok rooms)

Take care, Jon.

5. MINIEOR

MINIEOR Club Coordinator

Sep 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey All,
    Just as our other runs this year we are changing another one of them up. This time we are changing up Morro Bay Run. New for this year we introduce the Winery Run. So many of you have requested a wine tasting run and I think that this is perfect. Most of you know our member Jon Brothers. He has set up this with the winery and catered lunch. It should be a spectacular event.
    We will depart Fresno and head over to the coast (Templeton). We are still planing on taking the old HWY 41 on the way there, so that we get our twisties in before we have our wine. We will arrive at the Winery around 11:00. Lunch Box Specials will be there for us. We will be able to participate in the wine tour as well as wine tasting free of charge as they are waving the fee. After the winery we will head back to Fresno or to the other destination.

When: Saturday, August 27, 2011

Meet at: Starbucks 41 & Shaw around 7:30-7:45

Departure Time: 8:00AM –
    Winery Arrival Time:11:00 Approximately. (we only have a few hours at the winery)

Lunch:
    $10.00 per person (must pay with cash!)
    Lunch Selection
    Italian Sub, Turkey and Jack, Tri-Tip Sandwich, Strawberry Field Salad, or Classic Chicken Cesar Salad.
    All lunches include: lettuce and tomato, a pickle, bag of chips, a side of pasta salad, and a cookie. (Please check your email for further descriptions of lunches in attachment)

RSVP:
    Please note that all RSVP’s need to be made no later then August 19th. Along with the RSVP we need to know what your selection for lunch will be. So please remember to RSVP for everyone in your party as well as what everyone would like to eat.Please also remember that the charge for this wonderful day is 10.00 for the lunch (must bring cash) the tour and the wine tasting are free.

Please call, email or post your RSVP and food selection
    Thanks for your continued help and participation.
    Tina
    MINIEOR

6. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I guess I should formally confirm that we will be going.
    2 for lunch... One for Italian Sub; One for Turkey and Jack

Anyone Else???

7. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    You're certainly welcome. Contact me or Minieor in a PM for more info.

8. Mariposadust

Mariposadust New Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK We are trying to get our feet on the ground so we can do stuff. We will be going to the Morro/Winery run and will request lunch as follows::: Turkey and Jack, Tri-Tip Sandwich.

Hope more are going and will respond asap.

Mariposadust

9. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. I have your lunch selections down... Ditto on hoping that more will respond soon. We ought'a have a great time.

10. riversong

riversong New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Coarsegold, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We will be going on this run. Lunch request is Tri-Tip Sandwich & Classic Chicken Caesar Salad (and :beer). Thanks Sandee & Ken

11. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Got'cha both. Thanks very much!

JB.

12. Westcoaster

Westcoaster New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is planning to stay over in Paso Robles on the 27th, there is a great event happening at Vina Robles Vineyard -- their 3rd Annual British Invasion summer concert and car show. MINI Cooper drivers get $5 off the admission. So Cal MINI Maniacs will be attending. Here is a link to Vina Robles with details of the event:
    http://www.vinarobles.com/events_calendar/on_site_events?d=/2011/08#3rd_Annual_British_Invasion

SCMM members will be coming up to Paso Robles on Friday. Taking a drive to Morro Bay on Saturday morning for some kayaking, then returning to Paso Robles for the British Invasion event that evening.

Hope to see some MidCal members up there!

13. Kikimowse

Kikimowse Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Kiki and Bitzie are in. Save us two Turkey and Jack box lunches.

14. MINIEOR

MINIEOR Club Coordinator

Sep 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Tom & Tina Going (of course). I believe we will have two tri-tip. This will be our first run with out little miss along! So hopefully I will make it the whole time!

PS
    Jon, I have Jaimie signed up 2 people both Tri-Tip.

15. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    George..

Thanks for posting this up for us! Count at least two cars from MCM for sure. Hopefully some other folks can stay the night and join in the fun.

16. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Cool Tina. Thanks! Got you and Jamie down.

17. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Got you two down for the Tri-Tip. Thanks!

18. Westcoaster

Westcoaster New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jon,
    You're welcome! I'm just glad I found out that you guys were going to be up there at the same time. The club has been to this event at Vina Robles before and it's really fun and their Hospitality Center at the vineyard is beautiful. It's a perfect venue for an evening concert.

Bring a blanket or folding chairs. The concert takes place on the lawn.

George :Thumbsup:

19. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    #19 Firebro17, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
    Very cool George, thanks very much! :beer

BTW: If any of you guys are interested in joining us at the Rotta Winery, I have the connection there for us all. All the info for the event and location is provided in the 1st entry of this thread.

Our plan is to arrive by 1100. Those who attend are being treated to a tour, no-fee tasting, a discount on all wine purchases, and a lunch from the list noted above. I would ask that if anyone from SCMM is interested in eating a lunch, that you please coordinate the food choices (collect the 10 bucks per head) and get with me no later than August 18th, as I will need to place the catering order by August 19th. I really need to have the food thing dialed in order to do the best to see everyone is accommodated appropriately.

Thanks, JB.

20. Kikimowse

Kikimowse Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    "Kiki and Bitzie are in. Save us two Turkey and Jack box lunches."

Is that two Tri-Tip Turkeys? :drool I'm not much of a cook but I am not familiar with those. :lol: