Dark Silver MA Owners Club?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Dwight, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Dwight

Dwight Racing with the Gods
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    :idea:Hey, any of you DS MINI floggers want to start a club? Nothing formal/organized (?), just post w/pic and give your MINI a number that someone hasn't already grabbed. Name? How 'bout "Dark Silver Horde" for starters? I got dibs on "DSH #506th". BTW, has anyone else noticed that at low sun angles, DS turns a wild, dark, metallic BLUE? :devil:

Attached Files:

2. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure there is a DS MINI thread on the "other site" as well as every other MINI color and trim selection choice. I really have never got it. We have the coolest cars in the universe and yet we want to separate ourselves into color 'sects'

Seriously, I was really hoping we wouldn't go there on MA

3. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I think once a site gets so big the "sect" thing happens because outside of the big posters you want someone to gravitate to. I guess people were searching for that home-like feeling. Color threads would be a nice alternative, although I did like the fact you used "horde" in the name.

4. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    #4 TGS91, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    Next up can we start whining at each other about how my mod is better than yours and that my tuner is far better than yours? Hell we can be just like NAM in no time. Joy! :crazy:

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It's been suggested that we have color threads here on M/A modeled after those on Bimmerpost.com See BIMMERPOST = BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog|| Color Threads for reference.

My thought is with the Garage that is not so important as once I get in there and clean up the way people have listed their color that the search would actually be useful. But while I might have the last word this space on the interwebz is for the members. I've sorta had this on the back burner for a bit and it did make the white board as a potential.

So, what is it that ya'll want, if color threads are important to people then lets do it and lets do it right...

6. Dwight

Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Whiners

If you're not interested, don't post! :rolleyes:

7. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    too true

Ain't my forum. Gonna leave this to the collective wisdom

IMHO it's one of the reasons that NAM has devolved. This is about MINI's and IMO not about what color of MINI I have. But if folks feel more of a connection with those of the same color who am I to block that. Human nature.

MINI multiculturalism day? Perhaps a "Take a BRG owner to lunch to bridge the color gap day'?........

8. Dwight

Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    EXCUUUSE ME!

The intent of my original post on this subject was for something NOT formal or done "right". Just something fun and an excuse for MINI lovers to post more pics of their cars. If people are so sensitive about something so simple, then forget the whole thing and MA. I'll stick with a club that does think a MINI is all about having fun, West Coast MINI! Have a nice day. :shocked:

9. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Dwight,

I am sensitive about becoming like NAM has become. This is one of the things I don't care for on that site. My thing and I would hope you don't take it personal. You unfortunately walked right into my 'issue'

Your right about having fun with your MINI and this being a place to do that. Please feel free to post your DS pic's to share with the rest of us. I'm imposing my stuff on you and thats not right. My apologies

10. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0

I'm all for people posting more pictures and being more active. However instead of a hodge podge of various threads for various colors why not come up with a nice clean method where all are involved. This makes it easier for all to find and make use of the information contained.

We can learn from the way things are and were accomplished on other sites. The BMW sits has a more rigid hierarchy that allows all to easily find the color desired and the subsequent information. To me that is a more appealing method as the colors are listed in one area while the actual threads are more spread throughout the site. Unlike that other site where one has to stumble upon them. I'm sure there are other ways to do the same thing. What I'm asking for is ideas at this point. I'm not adverse to the concept, I just think we can do it better and would rather work with those interested as opposed to forcing something that I like that may not be what works well for the majority.