Spy Shot of 3rd-Generation MINI Paper Clip?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Spa2k, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +975 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday, I received the latest issue of The MINI International magazine (which is always an interesting read) and was surprised to find that the MINI Note was attached with a 2nd-Generation Paper Clip! :frown2:

[​IMG]

I would have thought that with all the emphasis on the 3rd-Generation vehicles that MINI would have made the switch to a 3rd-Generation Paper Clip by now! :crazy:

So, I did a little digging and the only thing I could come up with is this spy shot of a 3rd-Generation Paper Clip in the usual MINI camouflage. The photo supposedly was taken recently at the Nurburgring, on the Herren Badezimmer Fussboden (Translation: Men's Bathroom Floor) at the Start-und Zielgerade (Translation: Start and Finish Line). :eek6:

[​IMG]

It's pretty hard to tell, but it appears the hood line is raised in conformance with European pedestrian safety standards, but does anyone have any other details? Will there be S and JCW versions? What about a diesel? Will it be available in Chili Red, or will MINI stick with the traditional black? And what about the MINI Rubber Bands? I haven't seen anything about an updated version of those... :confused:

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Damn.... You are good...:D

Looks like the front run flat is running flat...:eek:

3. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +975 / 0 / -0
    That's part of the Auto Start/Stop fuel-saving system. If you try to drive when the car doesn't think you should, it automatically deflates the front tires! :D

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    ^^^ It works great at Donut shops. :Thumbsup::lol:

5. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa