Baby Seat Recomendations/Stories for a MINI Cooper

Discussion in 'MINI' started by NorCalCoopS, Aug 8, 2014.

1. NorCalCoopS

NorCalCoopS New Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Systems Administrator
    Sacramento, CA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey all! So the wifie and I are expecting our first kiddo in October! Whoohoo! We're excited!

Anyways, doesn't look like the Cooper is exactly baby car seat friendly....or is it?

Anyone have any baby seat recommendations?

Also, I would love to read some stories about you guys dealt with a baby in a baby car seat in the back of a Cooper. Ive been searching and searching but not finding a whole lot or nothing that is more recent.

Any suggestions would be awesome! (no we're not trading in her MINI, she loves it too much and will deal with the hassle :biggrin5: )

Thanks and much appreciated!

2. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Staff Microbiologist/hematologist at UC Davis
    Sacramento, CA
    Ratings:
    +804 / 0 / -0
    #2 Stefanie, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Congrats!! Are you looking for the travel system type car seats? In my experience it has been easiest to get a car seat in and out through the boot by folding down the seat on the other side. IMO your best bet is to go to Babies R Us or something similar and ask if you can try out the models you're looking at and see if they fit in your MINI.

Currently I use a 3-in-1 seat and I can remove it easily via the boot.

3. MiniB10

MiniB10 New Member

May 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I have a Britax Marathon 70 seat and actually got rid of my R56 and bought a R60 and had lots of room with the rear facing seat and when my son was old enough to have it facing forwards, there was even more room. Now I actually got rid of the R60 and back to an R56 with his seat facing forwards. All depends on how tight the passenger wants to be in the car because you will find with a rear facing baby seat that your passenger seat will be all the way up.