Xenon headlights need help please :)

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Rotation, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Rotation

Rotation New Member

Jul 28, 2014
    MA, Hudson
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So i recently made a mess with my poor mini and now need to repair one of the headlights. Does anyone know of any aftermarket. 04 r53. Headlights that i could buy for the mini? So far i have check and with a loss cannot find anything that is compatable with the stock oem xenon hookup

Please help i wouls love to find one cheaper than 900$

2. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Hunt on car-part.com for a used one. Should be some out there. You will need to call the salvage yards you find on car-part and have the send you photos to confirm it's the correct unit.

3. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    #3 ZippyNH, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    The OEM xenon's are sold on amazon for $350-375 last time I checked...
    The newer 2005+ projector style is actually $25 less than the older...
    The OEM headlights are made by HELLA, and hella has their own amazon store...and list them for the mini....
    Since you have the wiring for factory xenon's...I doubt the aftermarket xenon's will work unless you do some wire splicing since aftermarket units are usually set up to convert halogen cars...and use the halogen plugs as the input to the ballasts...

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    ^ This sums it all up.

5. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Price: $375.00 & FREE Shipping. Details
    Only 1 left in stock (more on the way).
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
    [​IMG]

"Check Out the Hella Performance Lighting Store
    From high-performance replacement bulbs to ultra-reliable fog and auxiliary lighting kits, Hella offers exceptional quality that's track and trail proven. Visit our Hella Store to see which products are right for your vehicle."

for the older style//
    not in stock at the moment...

One tip..with so many cars getting parted out you might find a SINGLE one for sale...try e-bay or the "other" sites marketplace (NAM)?
    And for reference, the NEWER style units (2005+ refresh gen1) are FAR superior...they are actually GREAT as opposed to iffy...AND they are more reparable..the ignitor can be changed....and they FIT the older cars....so if you can BUY TWO...they are great....
    AMAZON has a bunch of others kits....but like I stated above...be prepared for some basic splices and solder joints as opposed to plug and play!!