MINI advertising EXCESSIVELY?!

Discussion in 'MINI' started by ZippyNH, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]Lately, I have been hearing MINI advertising multiple times a day....
    Usually a full page add in the paper in the AM....
    Then on the RADIO....usually the traffic report, brought to you by (every 10 minutes).......
    Then a MINI advertisement on TV....lots more online...(but with tracking THAT is expected I guess)...
    Then today....
    Stuck to my newspaper (yes...still get one...for local news and grocery adds it still seem the best)....one of those stickers....on the front page...
    "Lease a mini in September for $199/mo*"

Once upon a time, I kinda looked forward to the new MINI advertising.... Was special...unique...thoughtful....
    But now...it is just run it f the mill....static...and often seemingly desperate.
    Anybody else notice it?!
    What next?
    Anybody see a person in a MINI costume spinning a sign on the street next to the guy with the "furniture sale" and "we buy ugly houses" guy?

Attached Files:

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I keep getting offers from my local dealer to come in a buy a MINI Pre-owned.

Nothing on the new car at all. :rolleyes:

3. whaap

whaap New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    retired
    Tucson, Arizona
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    Here in Tucson I can't recall ever seeing or hearing an ad for Mini.

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Here in central Ohio I've not seen any lately on the tele & only occasionally in the local fish wrapper. If you want to sell anything you have to advertise.

5. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    MAG has been sending a bunch in the mail promoting alignments, oil changes, etc.

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I've only seen a lot of banner ads for MINI when I visit other sites.

7. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Staff Microbiologist/hematologist at UC Davis
    Sacramento, CA
    Ratings:
    +804 / 0 / -0
    I'm seeing a lot of advertisements lately, as well...but I'm in San Francisco quite a bit for work, and MINI sightings increase by 200% once you get on the Bay Bridge. :D

8. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    So...what did the local officals think of the Nashua Parkway?

9. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    That's the way it was for years....
    But in the last year or two...
    The volume of adds have been ratched up.....in 40 minute drive to work, I'll hear 3 adds,and sometimes see a billboard depending on where I go....in the evening, I'll usually see a mini add inserted by Comcast into a cable network...and now post it notes on the am paper......
    Reminds me of the "I have zero credit, but I drive a chevy " adds a couple months ago...saturation....
    Back when I bought my car.... I searched for info...folks would ask "what kind of car is that" and a million other questions....the MINI sold itself.....
    Advertising was organic....sometimes gorilla style....done with style....and often a bit quirky.
    Now that quirkyness seems to be gone....And the adds are typical car adds...
    It seems the end of "NOT NORMAL" has occurred.....
    The more I hope that MINI would make the 5 door the next car in my garage....the more it seems they are becoming "just another car maker"....Riding the wave of past success....trying to cash in on the name like Amex......Where mini was an aspirational brand.....it seems to have transformed itself into soccor mom transporter with a hotter hatch option...
    Prove me wrong MINI....prove me WRONG please....please don't become the preferred car of doushebags!!!

10. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    I thought the article about the state law prohibiting ballot selfies to be more interesting....1000$ fine....guess officials were contacting folks who posted them to warn them...

11. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I just came back from my local MINI shop (OEM parts pickup) and the Sales Manager took me to the back of the shop and showed me the new F56 5 door whatever its called. The car is not for sale and is a factory test car and is labeled as such. All MINI badging was covered up with the Black and Yellow camo and I was not allowed to take any pictures.

I will say the seats are a huge improvement.

FYI he also told me sales are very down because he has no new cars to sell because they are all stuck at the port by the EPA.

12. Rangerx

Rangerx New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Same here on the radio,newspaper stickers and tv lol

13. LILYisatig3r

LILYisatig3r New Member

Oct 31, 2014
    Utah, USA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I live in Utah and can't remember the last time I saw an advertisement for MINI. Maybe a billboard in downtown SLC like six months ago??

14. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Pandora runs their ads all day long. I think it's great that the brand is getting the air time.

15. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    If MINI wants to sell more cars maybe they should open a few more dealerships.

5 major cities in Ohio and only 3 dealerships? Fiat was 2 in Columbus and only has 2 models to sell.

No one wants to drive an hour or more to the dealership. A little competition in the same city would have the dealers up their game a some too.

16. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Cleveburg just had a second MINI dealer open.

:postcount