M7 Speed formerly M7 Tuning

Discussion in 'MINI' started by JHendren1986, Dec 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JHendren1986

JHendren1986 New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I'd think this is a shill a lot less if the same post wasn't popping up on MINI based sites all over the world.

The tone and tenor of the post sounds like a press release too.

I'd be more open if M7 didn't sell garbage in the past. I have first hand experience on how most of the stuff in the catalog was carp that looked good.

There is not a lot of love lost with companies such as M7 that promise the sun, moon and stars then deliver a box of carp.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    M7 Box O crap.... :lol:

Thanks for posting that Nathan. Now Dave & I don't have to. :biggrin5:

4. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    .....or me!

:D

5. Norm03s

Norm03s New Member

May 5, 2009
    Working at being retired.
    Somewhere in Sykesville. Md.
    Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Nobody even tried to counterfeit the stuff, that's just how good it is.

6. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    #6 ZippyNH, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Guessing the new owners hired a social marketing firm....maybe offered $$ in discounts to "those spreading the word"...
    Hope they ask for their $$$ back....
    If the poster is the new owner...
    You should be honest, and say it...
    Just saying...
    Not exactly an organic advertising method...feels slimy.
    Funny...
    Years ago when I was in Atlanta Georgia, I stopped by waymotorworks....
    Made a nice little post for them on the local mini group....so almost passable you are a " local m7 person", but one that can give DISCOUNTS?!
    My post was not nearly as polished, or PR like...heck discounts?! Lol.
    If your intentions are honest, and you are pulling for the local folks, great, but one tip...
    Lead by example...SHOW or tell how much you love the parts and why they are better...
    The " buy, buy, buy" and "discount" if you pm me sounds kinda like marketing without paying.....
    With the internet....it takes any user here moments to find the m7 website if we want too...same for any mini owner...

7. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #7 cct1, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Hey, cut him some slack, it's his third post. Not suspicious at all someone with only three posts would be promoting a MINI non-MA vendor. :mad2: So you can send us prices if we P.M. you? Yep, sounds like you're doing this all out of the goodness of your heart.

Let's talk Intercoolers, and how well they worked in independent testing. Or let's talk canards, who were directly copied from someone else's work (which led to a well-respected member of the community leaving it entirely. For that alone I'd never consider purchasing anything associated with M7). Are these the things the "new" M7 is selling? Or have they come up with better parts from what they offered in the past that have been thoroughly tested, or completely original parts not copied directly from others?

If you come in here pushing a company that many have found unreliable and untrustworthy in the past, the burden of proof is on you to show how and why things have changed....My .02.

8. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Hey...I LOVED my SuperAGS intake. Always regretted selling it.

9. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Only going to respond to this because it's just lies. "Garbage"? First off, going to state that haven't bought any M7 stuff in years, done with my car, only maintenance now, don't have any dealings with Peter, see Randy on FB now and again, oh and just in case, don't talk or see Lynn either, had to put that in. Only come in here to see what's up, not much, same old stuff. On to M7, "Garbage", now, yes most of this stuff was not "manufactured" by M7, but who actually makes every single part in their garage, warehouse or whatever? But a lot of it was designed by the old M7, so......

1. My hood scoop, works just as good now as it did 9 years ago, still looks great.
    2. Grills, still look great.
    3. Under strut, still works awesome!
    4. Coilovers, still work great, and are still some of the most beefy we have ever seen for a Mini.
    5. APD, not sure if the science was perfect? But still looks good.
    6. SC pulley, works.
    7. Crank pulley, works.
    8. Aero gel, works.
    9. Strut brace, works.
    10. Have had the front and rear brake rotors on my car for....can't remember how long, still look great, people cannot believe that they haven't rusted? Weird?

That's it, have fun tearing me apart, peace out.

10. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Apparently your experience is very different than that of many others. Glad it's working out for you.

11. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
  12. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
  13. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    At least your's didn't fall off before you could return them. You're luckier than most.

14. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    My black chrome M7 upper strut bar looks great, though I know it's virtually worthless. I'd love to seek an alternative, but the previous owner of my car cut out the towers to accommodate the camber plates he removed before selling the car and I need the larger plates for strength. It's ok, it is what it is...

15. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what caused the name change but apparently they think it is worth it to keep the "M7" in the name..

16. JHendren1986

JHendren1986 New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #16 JHendren1986, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    Ok where to begin.....no this is not a press release...yes they may have sold some questionable items in the past but that was with the old owners. The new owner is fully committed to providing quality parts. He will even admit that they had a bad rap and are trying to turn things around.

No I am NOT the owner just a customer who likes their parts and wants to see them do well so they will continue to be around in the future. And not once did I mention that I can get you a discount. All i said was I could get you pricing, I live less than an hour from their shop.

Like I have said before they know that they have A LOT of work to do overturning the reputation the previous owner left them with but they are working non stop to do so. As far as intercoolers go they are getting the new ones from Wagner Tuning, which should speak for itself, and fussing about canards or splitters is like fussing about a strut bar.....there are only a limited number of ways to do it....i don't hear you fussing because AEM uses the same shape filter as K&N?

17. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #17 cct1, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    Yep, there is only a limited way to canards, strut bars, etc. you can develop it yourself, or demand someone who has already designed one sell you one so you can copy it, and explain to them that if they don't sell it to you, they'll get it from someone else. In other words, there is a right way and a wrong way.

He would have been better off renaming the company and making a clean break with M7. Because the M7 reputation falls somewhere in between Palo Uber and Whore-izon.

If you don't have a stick in this fire, why did you request we tell him "Jonathan sent you?"

18. M1N1

M1N1 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Tool and Die Maker
    NW Ohio
    Ratings:
    +330 / 0 / -0
    They would have to keep the "M7" logo. It's still on all of the already produced stock. :wink:

19. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    They could remove or cover it on existing stock. And replace it with a symbol; then they could be referred to as "the artist formerly known as M7."

20. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    M7 again....UGH:mad2: When will they just die?

They make crap and copy other stuff just let them go already.