Has anyone had to return products to Jan at RMW?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Tummi_Gummi, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    A mistake was made and I received the wrong product. Got the base non boosted mahle pistons instead of the r53 boosted mahle pistons. Jan was by far the cheapest, my order was placed two months ago at the beginning of February and I have had these at the machine shop since. I didn't even look at them. The wrist pins 19mm and they are flat topped rather than 21mm wrist pin with a concaved dish top. Has anyone had to return or refund anything to Jan before? He doesn't have a return policy posted anywhere and I'm freaking out that I literally have pissed away 600$. Also his last FB post was March 14th and I have not heard from him since.( I have asked a couple questions via text). No answers at his shop either. Anyone have any insight on what he's got going on? Thank you.

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I have never had a problem. Did you use the Pistons? Meaning are they still in brand new condition, in the box and not used for fitting?

Just call him. (949) 464- 7691 (RMW1)

3. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Brand new in the box. One circlip was put in before the shop realized the wrist pin was a different size. Talked to Jan, he is hooking me up with his rmw pistons. Very happy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Cool :Thumbsup:

5. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Yup. I would have had my block today but stuff happens. Jan was just as surprised as I was to find out they are the r50 ones. I spoke with Chad from Detroit tuned and he had something similar happen. Seems to be on mahles end where they aren't very clear on what models the pistons are actually for.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk