MINIs In The Mountains 10

Discussion in 'MINI5280' started by BLU BY U, Jan 5, 2015.

1. BLU BY U

BLU BY U Club Coordinator

Jul 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    MINIs IN THE MOUNTAINS TEN

August 5-9, 2015 is taking shape quickly!!!

Lodging is now open and you can find details about it Here.
    We will be at The Holiday Inn Express (Previously known as The Wildwood) located in Snowmass Village this year. Snowmass Hotels | Holiday Inn Express, Snowmass Village

Lots of new things are brewing in the mix for MINIs in the Mountains this year. First and foremost of these, we have new links for lodging options. The Wildwood hotel that is the host hotel for MITM Ten, has a new management company running it, and is now part of the Holiday Inn Express family, if you had a registration under the old link, it is still valid, but if you are registering from here out, please use Snowmass Hotels: Holiday Inn Express Snowmass Village Hotel in Snowmass, Colorado to do so at the hotel. There is zero reservation deposit, and you can cancel all the way up to the day of the event with no penalty, so please register early to help us better plan the overall event. Plus, there is going to be another event at Snowmass as the same time we are there, which may eat up leftover rooms if we fill our room block to late. So register ASAP and we can expand our block and ensure everyone stays at the same location!

For those wishing to 'upgrade' to a higher quality room (more expensive), the Westin Snowmass has also set aside a small block of rooms at a discounted group rate. The Westin is directly across the lane from the Holiday Inn (Wildwood), so you will still be very close to the action. To register for the Westin, please use: http://tinyurl.com/mitmwestin

Snowmass Village in conjunction with Club leadership, has reserved a well-known classic rock band to play the Thursday Concert. While I can't divulge who that is at this time for contractual reasons, I can announce that we are being granted a number of backstage passes for the show. We will be raffling off 7 pairs of passes to the first 150 event registrations. Registration for MITM will open Feb 1, so bookmark MINIs In The Mountains | now if you haven't already and be prepared to register early!

As always, we are working very hard to bring new and returning vendors and sponsors back to the event. We still do not have an official Vendor Relations person on the committee, and several folks have been part timing it in between their other responsibilities. If you would like to step into that role, please email me at [email protected] and we will talk. If you have ideas for either vendors or sponsors and would like to suggest them, please email me any info you may have and I will chase them down myself. At this time, we have two confirmed vendors, Artistic Reflection for all your vinyl/grille badge/sticker needs, and Pat's Handbags, which makes MINI themed purses and bags.

Our Volunteer roster is starting to take shape, if you are interested in volunteering for MITM, please send an email to [email protected] to get on the list. We will be doing a special (more special than normal) shirt for all staff this year in celebration of the tenth rendition of MITM!

I hope to be able to finalize an announcement of a new activity never before offered at any MITM event in the past soon. We are currently speaking with sponsors and the location to nail down costs. Look for updates on our Facebook page and website for that announcement.

Our next planning meeting is on Jan 17th, in Castle Rock. We will be meeting at Verify at noon, and have a ton to discuss if you'd like to attend.
    So, once again, MITM TEN will be held in Snowmass Village, CO (just around the corner from Aspen, CO) August 5-9th 2015. Please register early for both the event and hotel!

Jeremy Nelson ( Precious )
    MITM 2015 Co-Chairman

2. RobertM978

RobertM978 Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Longmont, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
  3. kbleicher

kbleicher New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Calling on all MITM2015 Volunteers!

Hi there! Would you like to volunteer at MITM2015? Of course you would! It’s fun, satisfying, and you get to meet fellow Mini enthusiasts. And best of all, you get a free embroidered polo shirt!

We need volunteers for registration, vendor setup/tear-down and events that are still under planning.

Please email Kevin at [email protected] if you’re interested (or have pre-commitment questions). Please include your area of interest (registration, etc..), preferred times(s) if known, and your shirt size. Or just say ‘hi’ :)

Thanks bunches!

4. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    General Bump.....

5. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    we've easily doubled the ammount of sponsors in the past week, gonna be a great event, hope to see you there!

6. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Wahoo! Are all the sponsors and vendors up on the website yet?

7. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    as they come in, they're getting added to the list, the webmaster just needs to find the time to get them added, he might be waiting to do them in batches

8. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Like Rick has anything else to do...

9. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    when i get home from this stupid mandatory OT shift late tonight, i'll compile a list and at least list them here :)

10. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    for you, because you make me feel all fuzzy
    xxoxo

:ihih:

11. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    7 Days left to register... I still have plenty of time.

12. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Quit dogging it Dick.... :cornut:

13. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    You know its either you're first or you're last with me...

I'll get on it in about 6 more days or so.

14. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Dick, are you going to camp in the Countryman or bring the Rat for the track?

One the accessory sales guys at Schomp with a Hyperblue R53 S is going to camp with some folks up an around, but he did not know what CG or how far away.

Don

15. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Umm... Yes.

I dont even know right now where I'm staying. Might be in the woods, might be in a hotel.

The plan is to take the Rat, but no track day, I cant make it meet the track reg's by then, and I've got a few little issues to hammer out on it yet.

16. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I just had to cancel my reservation at the Snowmass, as we cannot make the trip after all. Give them a call if you're in need of a rack.

17. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to seeing you.

18. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Now that I really do not like to see, who the hell is going to buy the beer now? :cryin:

Sorry it does not work out, do part of MTTS 2016, perhaps we will meet up on the road. :)

Don

Modfather, we could waive some noise issues, if you do go flat out 10/10 down the straight.

:)

19. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    I need to get a working meth system back in the car first, and I just had to spend $225.00 on a gallon of clearcoat! That will be recouped though... Pretty quickly if I can keep the side work up.

We'll see, I still need to reserve a place to stay.

20. d0r33t0s

d0r33t0s New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North Denver, CO
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    there's still room at the hotel..