R56S-MASSIVE Upgrades+New Engine, Crap Paint ($4k)

Discussion in 'Classic Mini, MINI and other Cars for Sale' started by Bster13, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Bster13

Bster13 New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    #1 Bster13, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Edit: I am located in Stamford/Norwalk, CT.

I am selling my used, manual transmission, 2007 MINI Cooper S (R56) for $4,000

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5gq8xvs90euzhv/AABWx8aVyi7Ge1A6J9_hbEV8a?dl=0

This is the "Hyper Sport" kit which amount to some aesthetics changes plus they painted the stock calipers red and labeled them "John Cooper Works" plus drilled rotors.

Reason for selling: Two reasons...

- I originally bought the car in order to track it as it was not my primary car, but as I got more into the local MINI scene, I found out my group doesn't go to the track much.

- I have recently purchased a new MINI that's in better cosmetic condition so this one has to go.

The VIN is WMWMF73527TT84546 and you can lookup what came with the car here: http://myminivin.com/

Of note from the factory are the Xenon headlamps and limited slip differential (two things that I really wanted).

I purchased this car from New Country MINI in Hartford, CT in January of 2015 with 86k miles on it. The car now has 104k on it.

The GOOD:

- Due to warranty claim the car received a new engine and new clutch direct from MINI at 86k miles, immediately prior to me purchasing the car. it runs wonderfully and doesn't burn/use a drop of oil.

- factory Limited Slip Differential and sunroof...one of the lighter configurations out there.

- New snow tires (as of Winter of 2015).

- Clean title, I own the car outright.

- Many, many mods, worth more than the car itself:

- Prior to purchase New engine installed by New Country MINI in Hartford, CT (Car had overheating problems, previous owner traded in)

- Prior to purchase New Clutch installed by New Country MINI in Hartford, CT (while engine being installed, they did clutch too)

- Factory limited slip differential

- pulled the 87k mile MCS turbo

- installed brand new JCW turbo ($1016)

- Manual Transmission flush ($18)

- JCW Exhaust manifold ($440)

- Oil catch can ($170)

- NM Engineering hot & cold side piping ($180 + $230)

- Wagner Competition Intercooler ($590)

- Helix short shifter ($48) (I freaking love this thing with the longer shift knob. Such quick shifts)

- Momo taller shift knob ($75)

- H-Sport Competition Rear Sway Bar (25.5mm hollow) on softest setting. ($240)

- WMW front sway bar end links ($155)

- H-Sport Rear Camber Links ($240)

- NM Engineering Torque Arm Insert ($60)

- Detroit Motoring Turbo Oil line Kit

- JCW Factory Inlet Pipe ($100)

- JCW Factor Air Box ($275)

- Amsoil cone air filter ($50)

- WMW Turbo blanket heat shield ($175)

- CNT racing CAT back exhaust ($380) (No drone, wonderful, honest...I'm 37 and wouldn't deal with an overly obnoxious exhaust)

- CNT Racing CAT resonated delete pipe ($195) (I have stock CAT for emissions to swap on)

- TSW KW V2 Coilovers ($1950) (Custom valved for MINI by TSW)

- Vorschalg Camber Plates (bought used for: $200 Had them rebuilt by Vorschlag for $145)

- New spark plugs (meant for the EVO, but recommended by Manic)

- Manic Stage 2 Tune ($549)

- Manic Remote Map Switching Unit ($200)

- http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cooper/mini_cooper_schroth-rallye-4-harness-belt.html

- GENERAL ALTIMAX ARCTIC 205/55R16, installed 12/1/15

- Driver and Passenger 4-Point Schroth harness

*Prices do not include shipping I paid

* The car will give some slight pops in regular mode. In sport mode without the cat, it will pop a good amount on decel.

Still to install (included in sale if full price met, not installed):

- Brakeman BBK...includes:

Brakeman new front rotors w/ hat $750

Brakeman new rear rotors $250

Brakeman new rear pads street compound $160

Used Brakeman F3 calipers (branded RMW) $900

W/ attached stainless steel lines $90

Various used Brakeman street/track pads. (couple hundred)

- New white mirror caps (too tired to look it up :p)

- WMW 14mm to 12mm wheel stud kit ($90)

- GFB Diverter Valve DV+ ($150)

Unrelated (can be negotiated if you'd like these too):

- Konig Dial-In 15x8in rims ET 30 Gray, 12lbs (meant for Miata, brand new in box, don't fit this car)

- Dunlop Direzza DIIs 205/50/r15 (yes 15s)

- 2 gallons of Black pre-mixed Plasti-Dip ($110)

- 2 gallons of Navy Blue pre-mixed Plasti-Dip ($132)

- Dipyourcar Sprayer system ($154) : https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/sprayers-and-spray-guns/products/dyc-dipsprayer

- Color would look like: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/384072674444435576/

The not as Good:

- The front cigarette lighter socket does not work. there is 12v there, but the socket needs to be replaced.

- The radio puts out sound just fine 24/7, but the display gets garbled ~once~ about every 3-4 weeks when I turn it on randomly. The radio works fine, all the buttons work fine, but you cannot see what you are doing on the display that one time a month. You come back and restart the car later and it's fine. Maybe a connector for the display is loose, who knows.

- I stupidly ran over a parking barrier while in a hurry and trying to pull through a parking spot. When I backed out, I partially ripped off the front bumper cracking the upper support (thus my fancy fix in the pictures) and ripping out the wiring for one fog light. The Xenon headlights work fine. the bumper is solid as a rock with the fix if I don't say so myself.

- The Manic Stage 2 tune feels great down low, but is very stock like up top. Maybe I was expecting too much? Anyway, I wasn't happy with the result even after working with the tuner and my mechanic, but the car runs smoothly, and is stout down low.

- The alignment is too aggressive for my taste on the street when considering tire wear and willingness to turn in vs. stability @ -2F/-1.5R camber and some toe out in the front. I'd redo it for the street for more stability on the highway, but G_d almighty does it eat corners.

- The car's suspension is set to be soft right now as it was last used regularly in the Winter. It can be adjusted but you need longer allen wrenches to get to the adjustments on the rear suspension. previously my mechanic did it for me.

- The car's paint is horrible...dents, dings, scratches, you name it. It was bought for the track originally and morphed into a street car as wants changed.

Basically you're looking at a car that is beat up cosmetically, but has a new engine & clutch with LSD and the add-ons are worth as much or more than the car. I no longer own a garage or I would put stock parts back on the car and part out the aftermaket items. But the car is taking up space, costing me property taxes, and I only drive it once a week to keep it in good working order. Buy it, grab the parts and/or engine and sell the rest of the car to a recycler or make it into your own rat-rod if you can get creative with Plasti-Dip as it runs well with a new heart. Cash only. Good luck in your search.

2. Guapish_Fliver

Guapish_Fliver New Member

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ur pics aren't working.

You sure you don't want to part it out instead?

What did you flush the transmission with that cost $18?!?

3. Bster13

Bster13 New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tipoff on the pics...fixed.

As for the transmission flush:
    http://www.waymotorworks.com/redline-mtl.html

Like my last paragraph states, I would have already parted it out if I had the ability. Make me an offer on the entire car, all yours. Thx.

4. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    I gotta' say, it sure sounds like you are being honest about your car. I'm not in the market for another MINI, but admire your transparency. Good luck!

CD

5. Bster13

Bster13 New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Added picture to dropbox of engine bay and Brakeman F3 calipers. I also updated information about the Brakeman parts (they have steel braided lines included)

6. Bster13

Bster13 New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, forgot there was more to the Brakeman BBK. Added details.

7. Bster13

Bster13 New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
  8. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like someone got a good deal.