2007 Mini Cooper S - $10k OBO - Marion, IN

Discussion in 'Classic Mini, MINI and other Cars for Sale' started by Apschmid, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Apschmid

Apschmid New Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 Apschmid, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    2007 Mini Cooper S - $7k OBO - Marion, IN

2007 Mini Cooper S
    1.6L L4 DOHC 16V Turbo engine
    102,000 miles
    Asking $7,000 OBO

Located in Marion, IN

100% of work done under my ownership has been done at Dreyer & Reinbold Mini North
    This car could not be cleaner or more well taken care of
    Regular oil changes
    New coolant pump
    New oil and turbo return lines
    New gasket set
    Rear brakes are like new, only 15k miles on them (rotors, pads, sensors, etc.)
    Healthy clutch (still resists pressure just fine)
    Too much to list - can get full invoices from Dreyer & Reinbold if you want

**If you want to upgrade this Mini for the track, it's ready to be chipped**

Previous owner was a Mini Cooper technician and installed:
    Performance intercooler
    Cold air intake
    Performance exhaust system
    - Also cleared carbon buildup per my request before selling to me (2012)

Talking about wheels, I will throw in 4 Breyton wheels with Yokohama Parada tires.
    Here's the catch, yes this set was over $2.5k new, yes they are from Germany, yes they are racing standard BMW wheels, yes they fit perfectly but...
    1 of the wheels has a pretty gnarly bent lip - un-driveable I think.
    So you would just need to get your hands on 1 Breyton wheel to complete the set which shouldn't be too hard.

Email for more pictures.

Problems:
    - Sunroof works but doesn't open if it is really hot outside, must cool down first
    - Alert regarding the lights comes on every so often, must be a wiring problem, the car thinks one of the lights is out which none are, just need to turn the car off and on again to make it stop

Payment:
    - Cash
    - Escrow account

There is not a lien on the car - I have the title in hand

Attached Files:

2. Guapish_Fliver

Guapish_Fliver New Member

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whoooooweee. 10k? I hope you get it, that would be a big one for the win column.

3. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    I hope you get it, too. I have the same car, same milage, and I'd be very happy to get ten-grand for it.

BTW, try pushing up on the rear sunroof while you work the switch in hot weather. Mine sticks in hot weather, too, but will open if I give it a little help getting started.

CD

4. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,977 / 6 / -5
    Good luck with your sale.

5. Apschmid

Apschmid New Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm new to the forums and this is the first car I've ever sold! Lowered the price to $9k OBO for now.

6. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! Good luck with the sale, it's a good looking Mini.

7. Guapish_Fliver

Guapish_Fliver New Member

May 31, 2016
    Pimpin
    Da wess
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #7 Guapish_Fliver, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Ill give you a piece of advice for your first car sale.

Stay away from personal checks and even cashiers checks. You can have them write the check to someone else and turn it into cash. Not you. If it bounces down the line your liable. The check can come back on you even after you get the cash initially.

I've bought and sold many a car and have friends that like to flip cars as well, I personally have never had any problems because I only transfer title when I have green cash I can feel in my hand. I never have them write personal checks out to me. No exceptions. I've heard many horror stories so just stick to cash only.

If they have the money there is literally NO reason they can't get the cash themselves, no reason for you to go to the bank with them to sort it out. None. Period. Tell them to do what they gotta do and call you when they have the cash in hand... If they really start to give you a hard time or question you, just tell them you don't have a bank account so you'll need the cash...

Remember there are sharks out there, so you may want to refrain from telling people it's your first car sale, just a suggestion. Unless that's part of your sales game, lol. :idea:...

So stick to the dolla dolla bill only y'all. GLWS. :Thumbsup:

Attached Files: