Schedule for the event!

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 11 (May 1 - 5, 2013) - TN / NC' started by panaphobic, Jan 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. panaphobic

panaphobic Club Coordinator

Jul 19, 2010
    Customer Support
    Tewksbury, MA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    #1 panaphobic, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Here is a handy schedule I made up for this year's MOTD. I know the drives registration will be opening on Saturday, January 4th 2013 (a full week ahead of the event registration opening). So in order to plan out the most of my MOTD 2013 experience, I have compiled a nice breakdown of the event. I have this up on Google Docs and it's free for everyone to view (you don't need to have a Google Docs account!). I also have a 4 page .pdf file that I'm attaching to this post for anyone to download to prepare. I also will try to stay on top of the MOTD schedule, so as events fill up and new ones are added, I can update it accordingly on the Google Docs version. So bookmark that and you can stay up to date with the events.

***Note: I have a drive listed on Wednesday morning that will be similar to the "Sunrise Drive Thru the Smokies" that I am leading. I sent the info over to Barry to have him add it to the website, so it may not be listed just yet, but it will be soon!***

Google Docs Spreadsheet for MOTD 2013

I also made up a Google Calendar for all the events currently planned for MOTD 2013. Here is the link to that: (Note: you will need a Google account in order to view it!)

Google Calendar

Desktop instructions:

• After logging into Google, use the calendar in the upper left hand corner of the page and scroll to May.
    • Click on whatever day you want to see.
    • Click on the event you want to add to your calendar. A little pop-up box will appear. (Click on the block you want, not the name of it. Clicking the name will bring you to the details page for that event.)
    • Click "copy to my calendar."
    • Fill out whatever information you want on the page and click "Save" (you can also add a reminder via pop-up or email while on this page).

That's it!

For all you iPhone/iPad users out there, try this link instead:

iCal link

Let me know if the links don't work. I will try to fix any issues there might be with the calendar. I unfortunately do not own or use iPhones/iPads so I can't test it out.

I will also try adding in directions for the Google Calendar app for mobile users

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    You need permission to access this item.

You are signed in as [email protected], but you don't have permission to access this item. You can request access from the owner or choose a different account

3. panaphobic

Jul 19, 2010
    Customer Support
    Tewksbury, MA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I accidentally copied over the wrong url. I just fixed it! Sorry about that Nathan!

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Works now...

Thanks, that is pretty awesome.

I'll be sure to have it on my iPad that will be at registration so people can see it at a glance.

5. panaphobic

Jul 19, 2010
    Customer Support
    Tewksbury, MA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently working on a Google Calendar for the MOTD as well. I don't use iPhones/iPads so I'm not too sure about syncing that with those phones but I'm pretty sure the "Google Sync" app would have something to do with it. I'll let you guys know when that's done so you can try it out. I used this last year for my Android phone and synced it with the calendar I made so I always had my specific schedule with me at all times! I hope it can work for everyone else as well, so I'll let you guys know when that's up and running and I'll get it out here for you to try....

6. panaphobic

Jul 19, 2010
    Customer Support
    Tewksbury, MA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So I have the Google Calendar added as well. I have instructions on how to add each event to your calendar using the desktop. I will have to play around a little bit with the mobile version and see how to do it. I can always add you to the events manually. Just send me a PM with the events you want to join (event name, date & time) and your email address. I will go into the calendar and add you that way.

If anyone has any more information on how to do it with a mobile device or with iPhones/iPads, please share the info on how to do it.

Hope you all find this helpful!

7. Snooter

Snooter Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Canton, NC
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    FYI...everyone will have a personal summary of the drives they signed up for by simply going into their account and clicking the "Your Itinerary" tab. From there they can even remove themselves from a drive if they need to.

8. panaphobic

Jul 19, 2010
    Customer Support
    Tewksbury, MA
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just updated the spreadsheet and Google Calendar!