Pre Migration Update to M/A's Classifieds

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Nathan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    An update to the Classifieds software we use on M/A was put in place overnight on 10/15/13.

Panjo is no longer the payment processor, it is now PayPal. This streamlines the process so the seller will be paid faster.

In addition the following changes have been put in place.

1. We added an “unsubscribe†button to the bi-weekly email sellers receive that reminds them to mark items as sold that may have sold through another channel.
    2. We completely redesigned the process for creating a new listing with a focus on speed and clarity.
    • There are fewer required fields.
    • The description field is much bigger.
    • Shipping Cost is no longer required.
    • Added a “local pickup†option.
    • The “Item Title†field is much bigger.
    • Sellers can choose to post their item from this page, without having to preview first.
    3. The page to preview new listings required fewer steps.
    4. We updated all transactional emails.
    • Marketplace links are more direct and deep link into the corresponding product page.
    • Based on buyer and seller FAQs we improved the clarity of the language.
    5. Bug Fix: User A and user B are in a conversation. If user B deletes the thread, the thread was also deleted for user A.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    So this was a bit of a debacle. Then update broke some things and all day until I get the devs to help me I was getting SQL error messages. This has now been fixed.

I know better, why I didn't test the update on the M/A testing mirror site I have no idea.