Neo and Remo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Minidave, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    About a month ago we acquired two new Poodle boys, we lost our last two 16 year old girls within three months of each other last year and it took a while to find some new doggies....we really weren't looking for puppies rather we were hoping to find an adult dog three to five years old but these guys came up and we decided to take the plunge.....

They were 8 weeks old when we got them and they're coming up on 13 weeks now - purebred miniature Poodles, but boys this time....and we've certainly had our share of adjustments to do! :eek:

This is them at the home of the people we bought them from.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_AdRGOfjbw"]WP 20170623 16 28 46 Pro - YouTube[/ame]

2. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    We went thru some trying times when they first came home, at one point the vet had to put a tube down their throats and force feed them, but some medication and time passed and they came roaring back......here they are just a week later at our house....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mbsGYaIdk"]WP 20170627 20 10 03 Pro - YouTube[/ame]

3. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    About another week has gone by now and they've gone from only 2.5lbs to over 4 and have the energy of typical puppies! You can also see how much they've grown.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mD8VrAs9S0"]Tiny Tug O War - YouTube[/ame]

4. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Now they're about 13 weeks old and we've been training them to the leash and taking them on walks and they've learned quicky......You'd never know it from this video but Neo (the black one) outweighs his brother by at least a pound and has an inch of height on him too, but watch in this video what happens when I snap my fingers...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1qhsDwldik"]Remo and Neo - YouTube[/ame]

5. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Some nice little critters you got there Dave.

This is the critter that my daughter and family adopted. SIL saw her just before running over her with the bush-hog. She was a week or so old and had been orphaned when her mom was hit by a car. She still comes to the house a couple times a day for a bottle of goats milk, but she's beginning to roam around the farm more. Names Daisy.

Attached Files:

6. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    awww, you have Bambi living with you!

Poor Rose, at first no gown or long dress was safe from tiny teeth, now it seems her pants are fair game too!

https://youtu.be/WssXcBP1Oo0

7. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Today's mini, tiny, bantam, flyweight weigh-in......

In this corner, weighing a great big solid 6.2 lbs we have Neo!

And in this corner, weighing a dainty little 5.1 lbs - Remo!

The vet gave them both shots, Neo went first and apparently they hit a bad spot cause he screamed the whole time she was injecting him - twice.

So when the tech went to pick up Remo, he started crying and peed all down the tech. He also screamed on the first shot but didn't on the second. It's always hard to go thru hurting them like this but you gots to do what you gots to do.....

8. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Cuts you to the quick doesn't it? In your mind you know it's the right thing, but inside, it breaks your heart that they think you're hurting them.

I'm staying with my daughter while recovering from some minor surgery so I get to have coffee on the porch every morning. Daisy visits for an hour or so every morning for her quart of goats milk. Nice way to spend time watching the sun come up. Nothing like sitting in the swing in the cool morning air with a hot cup of coffee.

9. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Well, I don't think we'll be darkening their doors again, the boys were a cross between zombies and scared shitless all night long. Remo screamed anytime I tried to pick him up and hid under the couch all night long, Neo wasn't a lot better but seemed to shake off the effects of the drugs more quickly...I was pretty worried when I went to bed that night but by morning they were almost normal again, and now a few days later they're back to their high energy crazy selves - thank dog.

Today we did an even longer walk but all it seems to do is charge them up even more - I wonder how far I'll have to walk them to tire them out? :confused:

And that's after they've been chasing each other around the yard all morning.....