Back to Cars....Ferarri 458 Italia

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by TGS91, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Recent political dicussions have been fun but why are we here? Cars!

Magnifico!

[​IMG]

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Love it. Can't afford it. For some reason it reminds me of a custom made Italian shoe. (That's a good thing in my book)

3. Tall Mini

Tall Mini Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    With the sharp lines it looks closer to a Lambo'. I have always liked the slightly softer lines in the Ferarri's. Sort of "understated" in a supercar sort of way.

4. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Agree!! I've seen a lot of pics of this car and from every angle it is magnificient, the lines just flow from one to the other so affortlessly... Love it!!

5. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Get ready to get depressed. You could buy 7+ 2010 MCS's very nicely equipped compared to one of these.

Would really like to find out if this car is 7X better than a MINI. I think it probably is..............matter of fact I'm near certain

6. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    As I am certain that if I drove that car I would attract 10 times more women I would therefore say it is 10X better then the Mini. Of course since I am married, I am not allowed to attract any women, so (and this is where the math gets fuzzy) that would make the 458 infinitely better then the Mini. :crazy:

7. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'm also certain that you would not hear that dreaded phrase that I hear from women when they see my MINI "It's such a CUTE little car" :mad2::mad5::incazzato:

This cute? I think not
    [​IMG]

I think the Ferarri owner hears a slightly diff phrase...."your place or mine"

8. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    10X more appealing in that respect but can only carry one woman where the MINI can carry three. So it's 1/10 vs. 3/1, the MINI technically has a better reality/woman ratio in that you can make use of other things such as a rolex, your looks, wit, charm, roofies, etc. to make up the difference. However, you're married so the actual equation for a married owner of a Ferrari is 1/0 (room for one woman, zero opportunity) and well, you just can't divide by zero, a married Ferrari owner is a sort of Unicorn, a mythical creature that's mathematically impossible but may yet exist.
    I'm liking the way this thing looks, the lines are much more organic and Ferrari seems to be moving away from some of the garish cues that permeated their lineup around the turn of the century.

9. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Either that car is pretty large, or the driver in that photo has a tiny head. Seems to be as much headroom as in a New Beetle, you could easily wear a 10 gallon hat in one of those.

10. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Dang, your right...please see "short Italian". LOL