Fikse is back!

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Nathan, Jan 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    As some of you know I have a bit of a weakness when it comes to wheels. One of my favorite brands, Fikse, had shut down operations this past fall. I went out and dented a cheap wheel in their honor. So you can imagine the trepidation I had when I saw I had an email from Fikse Wheels, is it a spoof that some 3rd world spammer has created in a phishing expedition.

Carefully I slowly opened it to find a pdf. But I know the name, it's the sales manager there, we've spent far to many hours on the phone.

I open the pdf...

Well, I am just giddy...

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Interesting combination, Kodiak and Fikse. Both good companies but very different business models (based on my very limited experience). Seems like if Kodiak can make it work it should have a positive effect on both brands...here's hoping.

3. Mike

Mike New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I hope Kodiak does not impress their customer communication issues on the Fiske brand. Lots of people like Kodiak wheels (by all accounts, a great product line) but also many have told me that getting Kodiak to move sometimes takes a LOT of patience.

4. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure which scares me more. You being giddy, or you being angry.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Fikse was not that great either unless you were buying multiple sets on a single invoice.

My own wheels were bumped in the production schedule multiple times to make room for racers. But when I ordered 3 full sets for a client they bent over backwards and made room for production.

6. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Are you saying you will be organizing an MA Fikse group buy?