Ken Block DiRT3 - Tilt Shift Version

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by Nathan, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Ken Blocks videos are always a hoot, toss in some tilt shift camera work and now it looks like a toy hoot...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFFvy90dIw]YouTube - ‪Ken Block's DiRT 3 Gymkhana: Tilt Shift Edition‬‏[/ame]

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    So, what size sway bar do they use to do that?

Jim

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    It's his attachments not his sway bars that make him drive like that.

Nice video, God awful soundtrack....

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Hah.....
    He kept crashing into the cardboard boxes.....

I kept expecting to see the 4 smokestacks on the old building get demolished with explosions, shooting fire and smoke and more shooting fire and more smoke and some more explosions with shooting fire....:D Oh well..... Coulda been a little fire.... huh?.....:eek:

Nice video...:D

B/W 1910s high angle wide shot large factory (model) with smokestacks exploding

5. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    OK, what attachments? I really thought that a heavier sway bar caused the rear end to swing around like that. Just curious, as one never knows when I might want to try that in the parking lot? :D

Jim

6. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Shoot....I would even look good in fast motion and animated effects :lol:

7. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    His man tackle Jim. You have led such a sheltered life. Time to get off the farm there guy.

8. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The "HAND" brake is the item they use.

When they want the car to point left or right they use the hand brake to lock up the rear wheels. You really have to have very quick reflexes and tremendous coordination to drive like these WRC Rally Guys. Even the worst Rally car driver is still way better then most of the professional drivers you see in a roundy round race.

I let my friend Randy Pobst drive my JCW with me in it and he really showed me what a Mini JCW can do in the right hands. (Not Mine) His hand was on and off of the handbrake as fast as you could see. We came up to a left hand turn doing about 60MPH and he just slung the car into the corner and shot out as nice as you would ever imagine. Of course he is a champion race driver and knows exactly what he is doing behind a wheel.

Learn to use the handbrake and know exactly what gear you need and be super quick with your reflexes and you can do wonders.

Ken Block is a WRC rally driver and usually finishes in the top 10 when he does not wreck or has car trouble. If you watch the WRC rallies you will see the handbrake sticking up next to the shifter. You will also see the drivers using it a lot.

9. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Yep the hand brake is a mighty handy tool. I love using it on loose surfaces, not very much for pavement. Guess if you have 300 BHP & AWD it makes the use of the hand brake much nicer.

Randy Pobst is one heck of a smooth fast driver. :Thumbsup: