2nd Gen R59 Roadster Saw A Roadster In Real Life

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Justa Jim, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    The other day I saw the Roadster, in person, up close and personal, for the first time. It was sitting next to a Coupe and had the top up. I kept looking back and forth and realized that the rag top has very pleasing lines, where the roof line on the Coupe just doesn't get it for me. I did not drive it, because by the time I am ready for one, it will have changed a lot by then. That clenched it for me. I will own one of those one day down the road. :Thumbsup:

Jim

2. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Glad you saw something that will keep you "in the family." I find I like coupes with dark tops, as opposed to the silver option. However, I have not seen any with the latter color choice in person yet.

3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Jim.....
    That road is getting shorter each day..... you can't take it with you....

You own the day today, get one and enjoy it now.......:Thumbsup:

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    It is funny, because I'm really more of a Coupe type person. The all black would work for me, but I still have to make myself like it. It is not the backward baseball cap look that gets me, but rather the profile. The top is too fast back and looks too short for the body of the car. Still a very nice car all in all.

MM, I've put too much time and money into Foggie to trade her in just yet. I like the way she is and plan to enjoy her for a while longer. :Thumbsup:

Jim

5. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Now now, Foggy is his trusty metal steed... He doesn't need a roadster right now :Thumbsup: