Pre Migration M/A store

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ceebee, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ceebee

ceebee New Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to buy one of the t-shirts, but I know the person who designed them, and they told me that Motoring Alliance never paid for them, and left the graphic artist who did these for the group hanging! That means I would be purchasing stolen property, and I don't like that at all! I wish someone would respond to me on this, because I want to help him get paid!

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Ummm I would say you should contact Nathan directly by sending him a PM.

PM = Private Message.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance, the FUN and Friendly MINI Community.

You are correct ceebee. I've not yet paid for the shirts. Things have been quite odd here as a result of my heart attack and subsequent very unexpected cost of medications. I did speak to my contact recently and will make good on the debt.

Thread moved to Site Feedback too.

4. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +975 / 0 / -0
    Hey, newbie, just in the interest of acting as an adult, this would have been better handled as a PM. Your message reeks; I doubt you have any interest in MINIS, Minis or owning an MA shirt. Next time, handle it privately - instead of as your first post on a forum.

And yes, I do believe all debts should be handled properly - but this isn't the way to do it. Just my $.02, which I'll be happy to send you if it helps.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The onus is on me now. The swift kick I seem to relish comes in many ways...

Lets not pin anything on the OP please. I brought this upon myself.

6. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately Nate's right--it's a reasonable call out, it's reasonable to post it--otherwise we're being hypocritical--didn't we just get done with Barry? The post was a bit disingenuous--I doubt the OP had any intention of buying MA swag, being it's their first post. Just be honest about it, and let's get it fixed without hiding behind curtains. Nate's a good guy and manned up, let's leave it at that.

7. Spa2k

Spa2k Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Iowa
    Ratings:
    +975 / 0 / -0
    #7 Spa2k, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Sorry, but I always believe in playing it straight - not going through the back door. Many companies have been seriously damaged, without reasonable cause or due process, on the Internet.

Barry was totally incommunicative; that is not the case here AFAIK.

8. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    It's a slippery slope when we apply different standards to people we like versus people we don't. l have no problem with someone calling me or anyone else out for a mistake. Not a big deal, we all screw up. It wasn't a horrible post, the only thing I take exception to was the "I was going to buy something", in a situation where it's the member's first post. That has the smell of an alias all over it--just come out and say it, we're all big boys. Except for Dave. And Dick. And Paul. And me. And many others. Ok, maybe we're not all big boys...But it's not a huge thing, maybe could have been played a little better, that's all.

Mistakes, at least mistakes within reason, don't define a person, it's how a person responds to them that does.

I'm done on this thread, the more we bump it, the worse it makes it, and it appears it's soon to be resolved.

9. maacodale

maacodale Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Center owne
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but two big questions remain.

1. Will this mystery person actually chime in and give Nathan an "Atta Boy" for getting things on the road to righteousness?

and even more important

2. Actually buy a damn shirt?!

Me thinks neither will happen. Gotta love a troll.

At least he isn't in love with his Curt trailer hitch!

10. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to report back.

This debt has been taken care of in full. The check has cleared.

As to the questions posed above.

1. Will this mystery person actually chime in and give Nathan an "Atta Boy" for getting things on the road to righteousness?

There is no need for the person to do this. I know who they are and I did earn the public slap. I was too embarrassed to find myself in the debt position. Then I ignored it, obviously for too long.

2. Actually buy a damn shirt?

The OP is an agent of the vendor.

The OP is not a troll, just a concerned business owner.

I have made amends with the vendor as well.

11. maacodale

maacodale Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Center owne
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Please forgive my post then. If you're okay with it then so am I.

Still, calling someone out in public is a little crappy in my book. Private matters should be kept private and not tried in the court of public opinion.