Pre Migration Tapatalk advertisements...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Savvy, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Savvy

Savvy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Apr 16, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer/DA Civilian
    DE
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 0 / -0
    Just throwing this out there for those of you who may have paid for the "ad-free" version of the app years ago, like myself, only to see those annoying ads after the most recent update(s).

I went into the app's settings to try and figure out what the h€ll changed. Only to realize that they wanted to charge $0.99/month for "VIP" status to eliminate the ads. So, I used the "send feedback" button to send them a rather blunt "GFY."

I actually got a response, and after sending a screen cap of my proof of purchase (for $2.99 in 2011) they activated the VIP status for my profile.

So, if you've paid to remove those awful advertisements in the past and were wondering "WTF is this happy horse$#!+!?" recently, call them on their shenanigans.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Tapatalk is going away soon, working on a mobile version of the site to eliminate the need for an app.

In fact, tonight after midnight eastern the site will down for half hour or so. Going to grab a copy of of the site and put it on a different server for testing. Not only of the mobile solution but going to update php versions too. Yep, lots to report after the new year.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I bailed on carpatalk a year ago or so. Good luck with your plans Nathan making things easier is great for this old fart.