Crank but no Start issue, please help, thanks

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by Toroven, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Toroven

Toroven New Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello everyone! my name is john and i live in Australia, Im glad to have found this place, I have a 2006 R50 Mini and i am hoping to find an answer to a starting problem that i currently have.
    the car cranks but does not start, I've replaced the CPS sensor, Camshaft Sensor, Coil Pack, Spark plugs, New Battery. There is plenty of fuel on the fuel rail, but there is no spark coming from the coil, i Would greatly appreciate your help in solving this mystery, thanks.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,874 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! Is it showing any codes? Are you using a stock coil pack, the after market ones have given some people problems. Also are you gettin power to the coil pack? Did you pull a plug to make sure you are not getting a spark? When you say you have plenty of fuel at the rail did you put a pressure gage on it to make sure it's the proper psi?

Sorry for so many questions.

3. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

It kinda sounds like a traditional starter issue, but then I'm still a n00b for this kind of stuff. Someone with real knowledge will show up soon.

4. HillbillyChili

Jun 14, 2017
    Software
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Hey mate!

Check fuses, after that see if you can hear your fuel pump run, after that might be worth taking to the shop.

Welcome to the club!