Suspension Brakes BC Racing BR Series Coilovers

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by SacredDisorder, Apr 21, 2012.

1. SacredDisorder

SacredDisorder Because Race Car?
    Lifetime Supporter

Mar 28, 2012
    Iott Ranch & Orchard
    Petersburg, MI
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Hola all,

I do not have any pictures but i recently installed a set of BC BR coilovers. I previously had H&R Street Performance coils on and liked them a lot. I track my car about twice a month and blew the front struts out on the H&Rs. So after rolling around on stock sport suspension all winter I was excited to get the new coils on. The coils come with built in camber plates up front and preassebled from the factory. So it was literally just swapping out the struts. The fit and finish of the coils are superb and I was very impressed. Adjusting the coils was amazingly easy and it was nice being able to adjust spring preload separately from ride height. The 30 way adjustable dampening was adjusted to 20 front and rear. The suspension was on the car for about three weeks before our first track day so it had sufficient time to settle and for me to get an idea for how it handled. We ran 8 laps that day at the ring for a total of roughly 120 miles of on track beating. One word. Impressive. Te car handled like a mad machine and was tearing it up. I can only imagine what we could do on a set of racing slicks or even some street legal semi slicks. The car was stiff as a board but didn't push or slide in the corners and was very level and predictable. A hard as we were pushing I never felt out of control or that we were running on the edge. All in all they are a great setup for the weekend warrior or auto cross enthusiast. I ordered mine from import image racing for $998 shipped to my door. And will never look back. I have never driven on high dollar racing coils but Schaffer Clubsport (a racing MINI shop in the DE) runs KW Clubsports and I think the BC's are comparable. As I rack up more miles and laps I will report back with wear and tear updates.

-Brian

2. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you had a great ride on the "ring". Keep us updated!

3. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I'm headed your way today. Fly into Frankfort and then drive to Heidelburg. I'm also in Mannheim and Harswinkel before heading back for MOTD at the end of the week.

4. SacredDisorder

SacredDisorder Because Race Car?
    Lifetime Supporter

Mar 28, 2012
    Iott Ranch & Orchard
    Petersburg, MI
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I am an hour from Frankfurt and 30-40 minutes from Mannheim. Hit me up when you get over here. I'll give you my cell.