ST Suspension for MINI Cooper

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MC Speedworks, Apr 28, 2017.

1. MC Speedworks

MC Speedworks New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Feb 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there everyone,

MC Speedworks offers many different brands and options to MINI owners regarding their suspension upgrades. One of the most cost effective we have been working with though here recently has to be the new shoot off brand ST Suspension.

For those who are not aware of them yet ST Suspension is essentially a KW coil-over without all of the bells and whistles. They are made in Germany by KW and are available in a couple of different configurations.

The X-Series is the least expensive but still extremely well made. For the R53 and R56 you are looking at just under $900 for the set including shipping in the US.

The XTA Series is the next step up and tends to be the option that most everyone uses. They come with new adjustable top mounts which makes this setup much better suited for cars that are lowered or are looking for a bit more stance. These are a bit more expensive at about $1400.00 including shipping.

MC Speedworks is here to help you in any way we can. If you have questions I am here to help.

Best Regards,

Erik Johnson
    MC Speedworks
    (720) 899-6005 phone

Attached Files:

2. MrBlah

MrBlah Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    any plans for a double adjustable? I really need comp separate

3. MC Speedworks

MC Speedworks New Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ST Suspension does not currently have a model that is 2-way adjustable, but I can put you on a set of KW Clubsports, or AST 5200 series that would give you that kind of adjustability.

Pretty expensive setup, but worth the money in my opinion.

Let me know how I can help.

Erik Johnson
    (720) 899-6005 phone

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    For only $400 more you can buy custom valves coil-overs with Camber plates and Swift springs.

ST is just KW's cheap line and the are more for a STANCE look with less performance then KW higher lines.

5. MC Speedworks

MC Speedworks New Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dave, the XTA's come with camber plates, and while I do agree that they are KW's budget line-up they are still quite good. If you are looking for more a competition setup then without doubt the AST, or KW line might be more to your liking.

There are several good companies out there to work with, and I can get pretty much anything these days. I just wanted to touch on the rather good deal that ST Suspension offers for MINI owners.

Thanks for your comment though. As a side note, I am assuming that the setup that you mentioned might be the BC's? I don't know a ton about them, but I have seen some posts around about longevity issues that are start to come up. If the BC's were what you had in mind could you share your experience with them? I am sure that people would benefit from multiple opinions and options.

Erik Johnson
    MC Speedworks
    (720) 899-6005 phone

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I have custom valved KW V2 with Swift springs and Helix adjustable Camber plates.

7. MC Speedworks

MC Speedworks New Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This deal just got even better. Right now ST Suspension has a mail in rebate that will give you back $100.00 on a set of X-Series or $150.00 back on a set of XTA-Series.

This rebate makes these a truly fantastic deal right now, but grab them quickly as the rebate does not last long.

Give me a call and I will be happy to help you with a set.

Best Regards, and happy driving all.

Erik Johnson
    MC Speedworks
    (720) 899-6005 phone