WTB: Used JCW R112 Wheels (Curb Rash OK)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires For Sale' started by Pequa, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Pequa

Pequa New Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, does anyone have a set of imperfect R112 wheels that they're willing to let go for cheap? I'm planning on powder coating them white, so I'll be refinishing them anyway...

That being said, I don't mind scratches, curb rash or chips, but I don't want any cracked wheels or anything like that.

Thanks!

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Welcome to M\A the FUN MINI site. :Thumbsup:

Word of advice: Do not powder coat your rims.
    The powder coating can not stand up to the heat your rims generate and the power coating gets soft. Then when hot brake dust gets on them they are easily etched and you will never get them clean again. Unless you go with Black but, even black will go from glossy liquid like to a etched matt-ish finish.

Powder coating works great for other parts but not rims. This is why wheel manufactures do not power coat wheels.

Paint and a nice few layers of clear coat will look better and last much longer in the end.

3. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Welcome to M/A! Do you have a pic of the wheels you are seeking?

4. JCWRocket

JCWRocket Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Orlando
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    This is an older post, but are you still looking for these? Just decided this morning I'm going to sell me R112's. They haven't been on my Clubbie in almost 5 years, and I need to clean the garage out since I have a new MINI on the way.