1st Gen R53 Cooper S 16 Inch Tires

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by wzabrouski, May 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. wzabrouski

wzabrouski Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Executive Director
    Keller, TX
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    With the upcoming move to Connecticut and working in NY, I am not looking forward to the condition of the roads!!! I am thinking about dropping down to 16's to get a little more rubber on the ground. Anyone have any sugestions in 205/50/16 that have worked well. A summer tire will be fine as I will be getting snow tires anyway. Any info would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy with my Bridgestone RE760 Sports. They don't have the grip of the late, lamented Goodyear GS-D3, but the ride is noticeably smoother and they should wear better. I also tried the Continental ExtremeContact DW, which were no fun on the highway because they never met a pavement groove they didn't want to follow.

3. wzabrouski

wzabrouski Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Executive Director
    Keller, TX
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    What size are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    I am running the Exclaim UHP in that size...not a 100% true summer tire, (unless you read tirerack) but it does give you flexibility if you get a cold day or two early/late in the season before you swap your tires.... They are pretty cheap, but the sidewalls are a bit soft for some. Made by Contential Tire, they are said to be just re-branded Contential tires (who bought General a while back, and has been re-habbing the brand)...Mine were made in France...
    The size is good one...with many choices. I have been pretty happy...but I don't tend to push them too hard....they do seem to be popular with the BMW crowd, and they do great in heavy rain.